Powetrain Malfunction / Reduced Power

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Garrett

Garrett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Took it to the dealer and although it’s entered limp mode twice the past 8 days, they can’t replicate the issue. Has me a bit worried.

they also just ordered everything for the Freon and a/c swap, as they said my car is one that was built over that 10 day span last year. They said it’s a 37 hour job, but luckily they have me in a ‘19 limited the next 7-10 days.

AAOO

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Took it to the dealer and although it’s entered limp mode twice the past 8 days, they can’t replicate the issue. Has me a bit worried.

they also just ordered everything for the Freon and a/c swap, as they said my car is one that was built over that 10 day span last year. They said it’s a 37 hour job, but luckily they have me in a ‘19 limited the next 7-10 days.

Do you know the days for that 10 day span, or at least your production month? My a/c felt like the compressor cycled off a couple of times over the summer months. It would get humid and then correct itself after a couple of minutes.

OP
OP
Garrett

Garrett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I will call and ask.

I’m more worried about the limp mode recurrence. they can’t replicate it but it’s done the same thing twice recently!!!

Randy Schmidt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Should I still bring it up to the dealer? My engine is tuned with 5Star...
This same thing happened to my Mercedes GL550 with a tune on it. What happens with a tune when its bogged down like yours did. It creates too much boost and to protect the engine it goes into limp mode.

You should be all good. No reason to take it to dealer unless you have a check engine light on that wont go away with shutting off the vehicle and then turning it back on.

Randy Schmidt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I will call and ask.

I’m more worried about the limp mode recurrence. they can’t replicate it but it’s done the same thing twice recently!!!
The fact that it is happening again, get with 5Star and have them adjust your tune so this doesn't happen in the future.

That's what I had to do with my MB.