Puddle lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hawkman71

Full Access Members
Reaction score
How observant :D

I think he's responding to the previous poster (w/o using the quote function) who said something to the effect of: "these lights are to keep away bad guys b/c they don't like a lot of light around when they are being bad". (paraphrased)

Munkiebunz3

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am having problem with the cargo light cannot pry the lense off if I go any more it will break
Here is a photo of the whole assembly removed:
View media item 6660
The easiest thing to do is to very slightly pry the light from the back to expose ACCESS to the metal tabs.View media item 6657
I've already released the metal tabs here in this photo but you will be just so slightly prying down on the lens away from the base plate to get at that little lip of metal. Once you get that lip, you don't need to struggle as much.
View media item 6659View media item 6658Push the tab inward toward the center and then drop the light down to clear the tabs & then rearward to clear that long tab.

Next you separate the two pieces by releasing those three tabs if you so desire. You might be able to replace the bulb w/o doing that if you have the right tools.

doktoroktobor

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just picked up my '19 Platinum last night. I had already pre-ordered the DriveBright LEDs for the puddles and the license plate lights, but... the puddle lights are already LED! The plate lights are definitely incandescent though...

20190430_184838.jpg

Ron1978

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Took me all of 5 minutes to install. Flat head screwdriver to depress the tab on OEM and gently pry outward on housing, DC the two connections, pop the new one back in. Here’s what the connectors on the new ones look like View attachment 22718
They just slide right on. I wrapped some electrical tape around them as well. And that push tab on the new ones is a lot more sturdy than the old OEM one. I would definitely switch to LED interior ($12 on amazon for a decent set) I did not like the look of puddle lights as halogen with all my other lights LED as shown below:
View attachment 22719
Much cleaner look with interior LEDs and these new puddle lights
Where you buy them at and how much, very nice upgrade, is there a list of bulbs that any of you have compiled so we can upgrade to led, interior, reverse lights, etc

16plati

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Where you buy them at and how much, very nice upgrade, is there a list of bulbs that any of you have compiled so we can upgrade to led, interior, reverse lights, etc
Daytime Brightlites or JDM ASTAR for puddle lights. Output almost identical. I have both, one set on mine and other on wife’s.

JDM ASTAR would be my recommendation for all other exterior lights and interiors. Diode Dynamics SL1 LEDs for lows and highs. I can send you pics of all this if you’d like

Ron1978

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Daytime Brightlites or JDM ASTAR for puddle lights. Output almost identical. I have both, one set on mine and other on wife’s.

JDM ASTAR would be my recommendation for all other exterior lights and interiors. Diode Dynamics SL1 LEDs for lows and highs. I can send you pics of all this if you’d like
Sure if it's no trouble, I'd like to see the brightness of them.
It's for my wife vehicle , the old bulbs just aren't bright enough