Rear sag on 2002 ford expedition 2wd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

silverexpediton

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am having a bit of an issue that I hope someone can help me solve. I have a 2002 ford expedition eddie baur edition 2wd which sags on the rear on the passenger side. It has new coils and shocks on the back and it still sags from the rear side. The sag is more noticeable in uneven terrain whether the weight load is on the passenger side or not. It is less noticeable on streets were it's more flat but it bothers me to see it tilted like that. The measurement that I made from the wheel well to the tire was about eight inches on the drivers side and six inches on the passenger side. If anyone could help me find an answer I would truly appreciate it.

B

bedrck46

Many years ago I had that same problem but somehow I don't remember the exact details. But I do remember that the sag was not caused by the end that was sagging. I would check out your front end to see if that is causing the problem in the rear.

What you may want to try would be to have the expy on level ground like a parking lot. Jack up the front end and place an even amount of blocks under the front frame as far forward as possible on both sides. Make sure both front wheels are off the ground. Then check your rear to see if it is still sagging. If it no longer sags then your problem is in the front If you still have the same amount of sag then look elsewhere for the cause.

IMINYOURCHAIR

Full Access Members
Reaction score
hmm, good check. my uncle mentioned the left side of my expy being maybe 2 in lower one time and I do notice it is lower when I park in some random spot on my driveway.

It would be great to know what part to look for on the front end should the issue dissipate when raised and supported on the front end.

IMINYOURCHAIR

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Do you have a full tank of gas? Tank is on the driver side and when full will weight it down a bit.

i don't think it should make a difference with the air ride suspension but I could measure it day by day to see if it raises as fuel is used. I can see 30 gallons of fuel having an effect on ride height!