Rear Tailgate Lip Spoiler, New Paintwork, Rust Repair,

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kmh1596

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hello all,

Haven't been on here in quite some time... Have been in classes as well as working full time and a growing family. I wanted to stop in and post the results of the "07-09" tailgate lip spoiler that I installed on my 04. It fit perfectly, no reason why they had to narrow it to those years.

Here is the lip spoiler, a 3D Carbon Hatch Spoiler, available on autoanything for under $200 (and I used a promo code online, bringing it down even more) but poor pictures. Look elsewhere on the net for it, and you'll find it like this:
2009 Ford Expedition Spoilers at CARiD.com

163_2007_sema_05z%2B2008_ford_expedition_by_3dcarbon%2Brear_view.jpg

Here are pics I snapped today.. The ones of the spoiler are not the best, but being that the truck is darker in color, it doesn't jump out as much as the lighter colored trucks do. I like it, though! With a lot of fresh paint, new rocker panel (repaired 1, replaced the other), and a painted hood (I have had a primered hood on it for a year, as I couldn't be without the truck for long enouuh to get it painted), I am happy that it's all 1 color again. ;)

AcesOverEights

Full Access Members
Reaction score
How does it do about keeping the back window from being a sloppy mud magnet?

OP
OP
K

kmh1596

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sorry for the delayed response!

Stanger4life: Thanks! I like how it looks, and am happy that she is back in action again. Now if I can just keep the salt off of the truck to avoid it rotting right in front of my eyes, I'll be all set! ;)

AcesOverEights: I didn't install this to keep the back window clean.. not sure how it will do with that. To be quite honest, I don't care much about it doing that for me.. I can clean it. ;)

I will say that the snow does not really pile up on the back window or wiper as much anymore.