Regear 2013 Expedition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jbevs

Reaction score
Go with 4:10s for 35s. I am not sure why you would need to go to scrap yards because you can get new ring/pinion for 410s from Ford, SVL, or Motive Gear. You can also get LSs, TruTracs (for the rear), and lockers. Either way, good luck and let us know how it goes.

Based on finding axles in the scrap yard, I was assuming he was taking the whole axle so he didn't have to set up gears.

OP
OP
2012lI

2012lI

Reaction score
Go with 4:10s for 35s. I am not sure why you would need to go to scrap yards because you can get new ring/pinion for 410s from Ford, SVL, or Motive Gear. You can also get LSs, TruTracs (for the rear), and lockers. Either way, good luck and let us know how it goes.
Update!

I am getting a good deal on raptor 4.10s, front will come with a locker.
Just wanted to make sure they did bolt right up? Even my stock axles will work with the front raptor diff?

OP
OP
2012lI

2012lI

Reaction score
Update!

Just wanted to make sure they did bolt right up? Even my stock axles will work with the front raptor diff?
2013 raptor

mjp2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Definitely worth test-fitting an axle from your truck into the new front differential before you go through the trouble of dropping the old and bolting up the new. Axles pop out easy; maneuvering that front housing in and out of position in the driveway is a bit of a challenge.

Vincent Vega

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Update!

The Raptor, F150, and Gen 3 Expedition are 8.8 inch front differentials with 31 splines, so the Raptor front differential should work for you. Great way to avoid having to F with gears, backlash, and bearings. The only thing I can think of that might not work out is the CV joints - Raptor probably has different CVs than the F150 and Expedition because the Raptor is wider. So you might need to make sure. Keep up updated, as this would be a great project.

OP
OP
2012lI

2012lI

Reaction score
The Raptor, F150, and Gen 3 Expedition are 8.8 inch front differentials with 31 splines, so the Raptor front differential should work for you. Great way to avoid having to F with gears, backlash, and bearings. The only thing I can think of that might not work out is the CV joints - Raptor probably has different CVs than the F150 and Expedition because the Raptor is wider. So you might need to make sure. Keep up updated, as this would be a great project.
I will create a new thread for the update !

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
M Bennett