Reman trannsmission cost

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sccritterkiller

Reaction score
Between 5th and 6th gear above 65 when I let off the the gas and them ease back on it sounds like ur shaking a can full of ball bearings and then it shifts real hard....only above 65....hoping its some thing minor but with my luck probably need a new tranny...6r80.. 155k...going to keep it as nothing else is wrong with it. Just hope if can keep if under 5k...lol

OP
OP
Sccritterkiller

Sccritterkiller

Reaction score
I don't want a used one I want the remanned unit with the 3 year warranty...looks like Jasper has one for 3200 plus 1000 core deposit....I wish you didnt have to reprogram the computer or I would swap it out myself...

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Change it yourself and go from there. You may be able to force the tcm into relearning the shift points.

OP
OP
Sccritterkiller

Sccritterkiller

Reaction score
Change it yourself and go from there. You may be able to force the tcm into relearning the shift points.
From all my search so far the computer has to be reflashed... looks like the program is available from the trans remanufacture... this is why I only mess with old stuff...I hate computers...

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Does Jasper warranty their stuff if not installed by one of their certified shops?

theoldwizard1

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Check the price of a Ford reman unit. ot one rebuilt by a dealer, but one reman by a Ford certified re-manufacturing facility.

Besides have a 3 year warranty, including labor, the warranty is honored at any Ford dealer in the US !

OP
OP
Sccritterkiller

Sccritterkiller

Reaction score
Took to trans shop this morning...they don't think it the transmission...they think it's the drivers side IWE...they are going to look into it and let me know. My wallet is not ready to celebrate but it is definitely still fat and its grinning a little bit.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sccritterkiller

Sccritterkiller

Reaction score
Just got a call...vacuum line to the drivers side IWE was dry rotted...new vacuum line good to go...I didnt realize they went back to using vacuum for 4wd...just like my 1990 wrangler...which drives me just as crazy. Apparently the hard shifting was it trying to put that side in 4wd...had the trans services while was there...nothing wrong with and fluid look better than he expected with 155k on the clock.

Beers on me tonight!

Last edited: