remote and key programming

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G

I only have one key and one remote for my 02 expedition. I have found both items on ebay but it seems that the 02 model requires dealer programming. Can I program the key and/or remote if I only have one working key? What will the dealer charge to program each? I suppose this is not covered by 36 month warrenty is it?

sunsetparts

Reaction score
I can tell you at our dealership in Illinois here we charge $20.00 to program a key and it requires about 20 min. The remote can be programmed yourself. If you don't mind me asking what kind of price did you find the key and remote for? I am a certified Ford partscounterperson and can help you with any parts or questions regarding you Expediton that you might have. I may also be able to sell you the items you are looking for at a cheaper price. email me at.

[email protected]

OP
OP
G

He's right. If you only have one key, it must go to the dealer. I had mine done awhile back, one dealer wanted $85 just to program but another charged $56 for key and programming. So check around!

After you get second key programmed, make sure you get another key and program it. If you have atleast two keys, you can do it yourself.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessiev