Remote start driver convenience and weather...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Quick question folks, hoping someone can tell me if there's a way to get this to work. Not sure if its one of those magic features unlocked in Forscan, or if it simply doesn't exist.

In my previous vehicle, when I would use remote start, say in cold weather, the car would automatically turn on heated steering wheel and seats. In hot weather it would turn on the cooled seats. Anyone know if that's something these rigs can do? It was so nice in freezing weather to come out and jump in with a warm steering wheel, etc. And if I had the climate control on before shutting off the vehicle, it would turn that on, usually full defrost if it was cold out.

This is on a platinum, so I'm hoping for the price of this that's something we might have. So far it doesn't do any of these items.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Quick question folks, hoping someone can tell me if there's a way to get this to work. Not sure if its one of those magic features unlocked in Forscan, or if it simply doesn't exist.

In my previous vehicle, when I would use remote start, say in cold weather, the car would automatically turn on heated steering wheel and seats. In hot weather it would turn on the cooled seats. Anyone know if that's something these rigs can do? It was so nice in freezing weather to come out and jump in with a warm steering wheel, etc. And if I had the climate control on before shutting off the vehicle, it would turn that on, usually full defrost if it was cold out.

This is on a platinum, so I'm hoping for the price of this that's something we might have. So far it doesn't do any of these items.

It is in the options under remote Start in the instrument cluster settings. Set them to Auto. Look around and you will find what you are wanting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

NukeLife

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yep, my Platinum does all that, and it is awesome.
Especially considering I can start it from my desk at work (using the app), deep inside a large industrial complex with heavy concrete walls.
It’s nice and toasty after my 10 minute walk to get to the parking lot.

Lou Hamilton

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The two options are AUTO and Last Setting.

Auto is smart enough to determine whether you need heat or cooling. I used it a few times last winter and was nice.

Last Setting will use whatever itwas set to last, i.e., heated seats, steering wheel, temp at 72, etc.

I just leave it on Auto and be done with it. It has done ok for me to not have to change it. BTW, I never used it in the summer, so I can't definitively tell you it does a good job in hot weather.

OP
OP
5280tunage

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
so interestingly, I found the settings but for me at least, they aren't working as stated. For one, the climate control was set to last setting, which one would think that steering wheel/seats would be included in there, but for me they aren't. The AC/Heat comes on as it was, but if I exit the vehicle with the seats and wheel on, they don't come on when I remote start. So that setting in mine appears to only dictate the AC/Heat settings.

But I did find the secondary settings for steering wheel and seats, so I have enabled those and we'll see what happens. Interesting though.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The two options are AUTO and Last Setting.

Auto is smart enough to determine whether you need heat or cooling. I used it a few times last winter and was nice.

Last Setting will use whatever itwas set to last, i.e., heated seats, steering wheel, temp at 72, etc.

I just leave it on Auto and be done with it. It has done ok for me to not have to change it. BTW, I never used it in the summer, so I can't definitively tell you it does a good job in hot weather.

Does an excellent job in Hot weather. Turns Cooled seats on and AC. LOVE IT!

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not sure how cold it is where you are at. But on my 16’ F-150 the seat and steering wheel heat would only come on if below a factory set temp. Along with the rear defroster and mirror heat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk