Replaced right exhaust manifold, omg!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought the steel studs before I ordered the manifold and used moly anti seize.

Here is a tip. The Dorman manifold is $70 cheaper but it does NOT include the heat shield that the Motorcraft one does.
The Motorcraft one includes the studs & nuts and look like they have the copper anti seize on them.
But it does NOT include the 2 studs in the end for the down tube. So I had to remove the old ones.

I figured as had as this job was to remove the old manifold I was going to buy the Motorcraft.

Oh and I used a #2 center drill to start the holes in the broke studs. I had to get real close and personal with the truck frame so I could hold the drill steady and push. Very loud drill too.

I ordered the Ford kit for the right side and no hardware was included in the box though ford claimed it came with.

Last edited:
OP
OP
34Ford

34Ford

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah you should have gotten the 8 studs and nuts. I didn't use mine as I already bought some and couldn't take them back.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah you should have gotten the 8 studs and nuts. I didn't use mine as I already bought some and couldn't take them back.

I was dissapointed they didn’t send me everything....thanks for confirming. This is all that came besides the extra box and packaging paper:
E4853E9E-5316-48B3-8412-E2750D1AEF01.jpeg
BC22DD3E-457D-4D5B-82A8-EA30DA73BA6D.jpeg

Last edited:

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gaskets and hardware finally came today separately. They never responded to my email regarding the missing contents but sent them, I’ll take it. Also already ordered a different set of studs but I can use that for drivers side.

Edit: the set I ordered from amazon came early, wasn’t the set I emailed Tasca about. Never got hardware I payed for and customer service ignores you. Beware and avoid.

Ended up ordering all A/M studs and nuts and A/M gaskets. Bought good A/M which is likely superior to the OEM that would have come with the order anyway.

Last edited: