RV Extended Warranties

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eagle 71

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’m about to purchase an RV locally. Dealership is offering an extended warranty called “Easy Care”. That said, are there any good (or bad) extended warranty companies out there that cover RVs?

Snidley53

Reaction score
Basically after the first year which is the warranty on the RV they will do a check on the RV for a price but if they find anything and it is covered by the warranty it will get fixed or replaced. Don't remember if there is a deductible or not. I have it on my RV but that is because my RV repair skills are limited, for me it is worth it. For those with a better skill set it may just be an expense they don't need.

johnboneske

Full Access Members
Reaction score
When we bought our new camper in 2018 we bought the extended warranty for all the electronics/appliances in it. I think it was $800 for a 5 year warranty? How much is the warranty they are trying to sell you? If you belong to Good Sam, or would consider a membership they have an extended warranty too. I wish I would have gone with them.

OP
OP
Eagle 71

Eagle 71

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks. Neglected to mention that the TT is used (a 2013 KZ Sprotsmen S242SBH).
The warranty cost looks to be around 2K for 5-year, hitch-bumper coverage. Seems to be about twice what I thought it would be...

powerboatr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks. Neglected to mention that the TT is used (a 2013 KZ Sprotsmen S242SBH).
The warranty cost looks to be around 2K for 5-year, hitch-bumper coverage. Seems to be about twice what I thought it would be...
thats HIGH
none of the factory installed items are still under warranty. a 7 year old unit, 2k seems high.

OP
OP
Eagle 71

Eagle 71

Full Access Members
Reaction score
thats HIGH
none of the factory installed items are still under warranty. a 7 year old unit, 2k seems high.
PB, I agree. That said, do you have an extended warranty on your RV? If so, what company do you use for said warranty?

powerboatr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
PB, I agree. That said, do you have an extended warranty on your RV? If so, what company do you use for said warranty?
no warranty now, my bus is 10 years old.
I have been through two fridges after warranty ran out as in years past, three roof top a/c units well after the 7 year mark
i am handy and can do almost everything that needs fixing, except the big cummins. but luckily it has been defect free

imo warranty for rvs are crazy priced for what you get. a 7 year old unit imo is nuts to buy , only because i see how people dont take care of their stuff and towables are at the bottom of quality and parts are cheap to replace.
but if someone is new to the rv world, a bumper to bumper might be money well spent, but it does not fix crap you break by not paying attention. I see new folks bust awnings, slides, and everything in between. shiit happens

OP
OP
Eagle 71

Eagle 71

Full Access Members
Reaction score
BTW, after researching other websites, the vast majority of posts state that Camping World and Good Sam (apparently a subsidiary of CW) are run by the Mafia. I've never dealt with either of these companies, but plan to stay away from them for any kind of extended warranty they provide.

powerboatr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
my earlier came out wrong,
i would add up all the stuff in the rv. does it cost as much or more than the warranty price?
it does not matter if its a 3 million bus or a 5k dollar towable
tvs are cheap and amazon ships free . plus you get a better unit.
microwaves are cheap cheap, rv specific ones are a joke in power or options and the claim of rugged is funny.
the lp gas fridge is costly, i will grant that. but most of us have residential fridges at 1/3rd the cost and twice the space and frozen ice cream.

its a coin toss.
yes good sam and camping world are the same folks. if you are worried, take a 1k and set it in an account and use it for repairs of things that break.

at 7 years old
i would be concerned about roof leaks and water leaks around lights, vents, etc. look under bunks and in dark corners, it will tell the tale. tiny bumps on the walls inside etc.

Last edited: