Seafoam Anyone ?

Do you use Seafoam ?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigbri7870

Reaction score
I didn't get to them yet....Hopefully this weekend. I want to get it done with, the suspense is KILLING me!! 102K on the original plugs....

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't get to them yet....Hopefully this weekend. I want to get it done with, the suspense is KILLING me!! 102K on the original plugs....

yeah its time to change them per 100K maintenance...I changed mine at 94K or 97K and one still broke

haviland

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I tried Sea Foam in my '11 Expy but really didn't see any marked improvement.

Cooper

Reaction score
I've honestly used it on more cars than I can remember and only once had that o2 sensor problem. I got a little over zealous pouring it in my old Hyundai... My instructor in trade school (1999) was a GM master tech and they swore by "GM top engine cleaner" which he claims was made by the seafoam people and they actually added it right through the brake booster vacuum. At the time it was almost impossible to find. Napa was one of the only places that carried it but its really caught on cause it honestly does work. You should see the cloud of burnt carbon that comes out of some vechicles.
When I worked for Honda we used wellfleet or well something I can't recall exactly what it was called but it's almost the same stuff we just used one of those drip devices. We got 79.99 for the job if the service advisor was able to sell it when we recommended it. Talk about gravy money.

Its not burnt carbon youre seeing. Itss then oil in the seafoam. Gives a dramatic effect people need to see.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The GM stuff is strong. As I posted earlier, I used it on my 82 Mustang 5.0, that had a bad detonation problem. After using a can poured slowly through carburetor, pinging all but went away. It was a strong smell while pouring it, but it worked. Probably burning off a lot of built up carbon. I changed the oil right after.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Let the range tick down to ~130 mi, pour half can into the tank (use a narrow funnel for capless 3rd gens), half can into the crankcase.

Drive ~100 miles, let it cool a bit so you don't get burns, then change the oil

Highly effective

postwick

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This stuff is made for two-strokes. That's why it has been around so long. It's not going to do anything in a four-stroke and it adds alcohol to the fuel so if the vehicle sits for a while it'll absorb water.

Aboki

Reaction score
Seafoam removes water in the fuel and cleans injectors and the fuel system as it runs through. Been using it in all my small engine and motorcycle fuels for a decade plus. Never have had to remove a carburetor and go through it since. Moisture in fuel destroys carburetors and anytime you buy regular gas you are getting an ethanol mix which draws water but Seafoam counteracts that and removes the water. I use it in my vehicles about every three months. Word of caution. Do not overdose, use as directed. PS I only buy 100% pure gasoline, known as recreational fuel in my part of the country, for my small engines and motorcycles.

Paul M

Reaction score
LOL I think I'll give it a try in my 1929 Model A Roadster pickup. Let's see if I can boost that 40 HP engine a little!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
geovanni