Securing the center console tray from sliding side to side.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
D

DavidC

Reaction score
Ha, ha! The folding paperclip...I used one yesterday without checking back on this forum! Works great!

paperclip.JPG

Shaun Swiers

Reaction score
How hard are you guys driving these rigs for that tray to slide? I guess I must really drive like an old man.

Sgt Darkness

Full Access Members
Reaction score
How hard are you guys driving these rigs for that tray to slide? I guess I must really drive like an old man.

Just what I was thinking....I mean that’s a good turn maybe 2 1/2 Gs.....to get the tray to even start moving. Guess I better get out the Camo tape.

OP
OP
D

DavidC

Reaction score
I drive on a double S curve which at 35 mph is enough to slide it back and forth 4 times...but not anymore!

fetasigma

Reaction score
I have a much simpler solution to this problem then many others, rather than paperclips or tape, I simply replaced the small tray with a larger tray that fits the entierty of the unit creating 2 levels. No more sliding around and a perfect fit for the console

EDBETOS Center Console Armrest Storage Box Insert Organizer Tray for Ford F150 2015 2016 2017 2018 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076NRTBGH/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_BdqTCbEQ3SQ5H

20190415-170031.jpg

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Last edited: