Self Levelling? Platinum with tow package.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07xln

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The escalade and Denali are faster 0-60 than the navigator despite the lower ratings, the 0-60 times were already published. No hate to the expy from me tho, I still like them just may try something different after this one.
I’m right there with you. My 17 will be my last Expedition. The new model appealed to me at first because the higher power numbers, then I saw it. Then I researched it and it lost all its appeal. It’s a giant Explorer first of all. The 4 wheel drive has been neutered, self leveling is gone, as we’ve determined on here the towing ability seems to have diminished some etc etc. I get where they’re going with it and it’s paying off. SUV’s are hot shit right now and the bulk of the people buying them want big & comfortable and that’s it. Like edizzle said. He’s happy to sacrifice some capability for more comfort. That’s fine. But there are some of us out there that don’t want to make that sacrifice. I plan to go back to a truck after this. I was gung ho for an F150 but then I saw the new 2019 Silverado and damn what a beautiful truck. The 6.2 will keep me from buying it though. It’s an old tired motor. The Ecoboost is nipping at it’s heels. I’m gonna wait and see what Ford does for 2019 -2020 with it’s truck before I make a change. Also holding out to see what they do with the new Bronco

edizzle

Full Access Members
Reaction score

edizzle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’m right there with you. My 17 will be my last Expedition. The new model appealed to me at first because the higher power numbers, then I saw it. Then I researched it and it lost all its appeal. It’s a giant Explorer first of all. The 4 wheel drive has been neutered, self leveling is gone, as we’ve determined on here the towing ability seems to have diminished some etc etc. I get where they’re going with it and it’s paying off. SUV’s are hot shit right now and the bulk of the people buying them want big & comfortable and that’s it. Like edizzle said. He’s happy to sacrifice some capability for more comfort. That’s fine. But there are some of us out there that don’t want to make that sacrifice. I plan to go back to a truck after this. I was gung ho for an F150 but then I saw the new 2019 Silverado and damn what a beautiful truck. The 6.2 will keep me from buying it though. It’s an old tired motor. The Ecoboost is nipping at it’s heels. I’m gonna wait and see what Ford does for 2019 -2020 with it’s truck before I make a change. Also holding out to see what they do with the new Bronco
How can you say towing is diminished? It tows more than any other SUV and is the hands down leader in a real world towing test from a reputable truck web site? I mean I don’t give a crap, but I’m just confused how you can say that when it is obviously not true!! That is not even opinion, it is simply not true!!

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Via your article, Chevy claims 5.7. The fastest TESTED speed by any of the GMs is 5.8. The tested time of the base engine offering in the expo is 6.2. Platinum, I’m guessing is 6.0-6.1. Navigator is beating up on the big v8!!

Your "guessing". Fake News, the navi is not beating up on the big V8 as you say :dogpile: its to each his own in the end lol.

edizzle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am guessing the Navi takes it to 60. You are guessing it doesn’t! I’m sure we will know soon.

I am the only one stating I am guessing!!!

rcompart

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can tell you from experience that the towing capabilities of these new Expeditions are not diminished by any means. I’ve towed quite a few Crossfires over the years, with my 14, my 17 and now my new 18, always with the same trailer. The 18 is by far the best tow on the road. Only thing that I could consider a negative was when backing up in tight areas, the front of the Expy goes on for miles and I’m not used to it yet. Other than that, nothing to it’s detriment could be found.

07xln

Full Access Members
Reaction score
How can you say towing is diminished? It tows more than any other SUV and is the hands down leader in a real world towing test from a reputable truck web site? I mean I don’t give a crap, but I’m just confused how you can say that when it is obviously not true!! That is not even opinion, it is simply not true!!
When it tows “about the same as the Suburban” and said Suburban has a lower powered engine. That to me is diminished. The Ford guys on that video even said they thought the Expedition would have fared better.

Stop getting your ******* in a wad dude. It’s just a truck. You’re acting like I insulted your mother or something. You love your 18 we get it I’m happy for you. For something you only do a handful of times a year you sure are letting this towing thing get to you.

Figured out how to keep the ass end from squatting under a load yet???