Shifting Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

F150 Pat

Full Access Members
Reaction score
2019 10R80. I’ve had a issue for several months now where when I’m slowing down, sometimes braking sometimes not, but under 15 mph coming into 2nd or 1st gear we feel a very pronounced klunk like feel in the vehicle. I can rarely duplicate it. We just went on a 4300 mile trip and it happened probably 6-8 times. I’ve changed the trans fluid and filter before the trip and it still happens. Any ideas? I’m still under the extended warranty through February. 58K miles

Jettix2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Take it in now and complain. There’s a TSB
2019 10R80. I’ve had a issue for several months now where when I’m slowing down, sometimes braking sometimes not, but under 15 mph coming into 2nd or 1st gear we feel a very pronounced klunk like feel in the vehicle. I can rarely duplicate it. We just went on a 4300 mile trip and it happened probably 6-8 times. I’ve changed the trans fluid and filter before the trip and it still happens. Any ideas? I’m still under the extended warranty through February. 58K miles
Take it in NOW and have them check the trans, reference TSB 23-2250. Follow the steps and get as much done before warranty expires as you can. Mine is under the knife as we speak at 41k miles getting a rebuild, under ESP extended warranty.

OP
OP
F

F150 Pat

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just took it in and they replaced the valve body. I also got another extended warranty that will take me 60k more miles and or 4 years. Little piece of mind

Jettix2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just took it in and they replaced the valve body. I also got another extended warranty that will take me 60k more miles and or 4 years. Little piece of mind
I just got mine back from a trans-rebuild, knock on wood but it seems to shift great now. Well worth the extended warranty price, for sure!~