Should I get extended warranty on my new-to-me 2017 Limited?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordFan96

Reaction score
I wasn't planning on buying a Limited. It seems to have every bell and whistle imaginable and all I can think of is if it is all going to break. $3500 Premium extended warranty for another 70K miles. I bought my 2017 today with 42K miles on it. What do you all think?

Jamo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Running boards are not included in mine. I had 80K on my '14 EL Limited when I bought it, my extended cost me $1800 for 4 years/36K. I won't hit the mileage first. Shocks are not included either as they are a "wear item" so they say. I've used over $1400 of mine with 1.5 years left on it. Even if I break even (or not) I have had peace of mind for the term...

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes to the warranty, but get it elsewhere. Google Lombard Ford warranty.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I wasn't planning on buying a Limited. It seems to have every bell and whistle imaginable and all I can think of is if it is all going to break. $3500 Premium extended warranty for another 70K miles. I bought my 2017 today with 42K miles on it. What do you all think?

I would only buy an extended warranty from the manufacturer - not a third-party vendor.

I have a Ford extended warranty on my 2015 Expedition Limited 4x4 and have used it several times as the quality and reliability of the vehicle is dubious.

GlennSullivan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would only buy the Ford Premium (best) warranty and carefully consider how long you plan on keeping the vehicle and what miles you expect to put on it.

I also def agree that you should shop the warranty online. Every extended warranty Ive purchased has been from an online Ford dealer.

There will be expensive items that are not covered, such as the $400 power harness that Ford referrs to as battery cable, but you cant avoid that.

mr_dave

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I got a powertrain warranty through my credit union when I got mine. I'm only a few months into owhership and it's already going to more than pay for itself.

OP
OP
F

FordFan96

Reaction score
I bought my 2017 from the Audi dealership in town. It was a good experience. Any ideas about going through Audi vs. Ford? I realize Ford will have parts and experience but the Audi guys have been good so far and have good online reviews. Great info so far, thanks everyone!!!

GlennSullivan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I doubt that the Audi dealer is going to sell you an “Audi Warranty” it is going to be some third party warranty vendor. If you really want to do that, you would need to confirm what is and is not covered and that you have the abillity to take the vehicle to any service provider you want. Another thing you want to ensure is you dont need to lay out the money and wait for reimbursement. Just like with medical insurance, things in the extended warranty world are not what they used to be, lots of loopholes.