Show your Lifted 3rd Gens

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ptguy0618

Reaction score
Not lifted, but figured I’d post anyways to help others out with tire decisions. 2016 2WD limited, stock height on 275/60/20 Ridge Grapplers and 20x9 +10 American Outlaw Lonestars. No rub, tires sit outside the fenders View attachment 72256View attachment 72257
This is EXTREMELY HELPFUL. Thank you! I do not want to lift my expedition, and ive been scouring trying do calculations for what will fit. But actually seeing this representation of what is probably the biggest i can go on stock suspension is great. I have a 2013 Limited EL. It should be the same for me correct?

sandbuster

Reaction score
I don’t know how much pedal commanders are, but the same thing can be achieved through an actual tune with plenty of other benefits for under $500 all in. 5 Star, Juggernaut, Unleashed, etc can all do tuning on these rigs with great results.
Well, let me speak to that just a little from personal experience. Prior to my recently departed 4Runner, I had a 2011 F150 4X4 with the 5.0 - that was 360 HP right out of the box - it was peppy when applying enough throttle but I wasn't thrilled with the transmission shift patterns. So I bought the SCT programmer with a couple of mild tunes that promised to improve tranny performance -they didn't. I really didn't want to spend another $125 for a "super tune" but I did. Holy leapin lizards! Throttle response, firm shifts and seat of the pants performance was unreal - I didn't end up using the tune all the time as it required 93+ octane but what a kick in the butt to drive! No regrets at all but when all was said and done I had over $650 invested just in the performance aspect. Other than expense the only downer was the 15 minutes it took to upload/download the program and praying for no glitches which, one time, there was. Fortunately for me SCT was only an hour's drive to get to. Next came the 4Runner which is almost undisputed as being a rugged, reliable, go anywhere vehicle right off the showroom floor - but their rated 270 hp is sound asleep until you're about 3/4s into the throttle travel. So after researching many forums/posts with hugely positive reviews on the subject, I pulled the $300 trigger for the Pedal Commander. Pros: 3 minute installation. Pros: seat of the pants acceleration modes - Eco (normal), City (remarkable difference) Sport (instant throttle) and Sport Plus - (never use it as it's rediculously over awesome). Each mode has, within itself, 4 boosters you can select to increase response even more. Now the kicker Pro: to change modes or return to stock all that is needed is the vehicle to be stopped - don't even have to take it out of gear, just stop and select whatever mode you want and go! The Con: the initial $300 and mentally knowing that the device does not add one iota of additional horsepower - it's all throttle manipulation! A lot of us live for the quick acceleration that tunes offer but I can tell you that if I had no mechanical knowledge at all and I requested a speed shop to "make it peppy" - they could have told me they supercharged it at $700 while just adding a PC and I'd a bought it! So, after updating my headlights the Pedal Commander will be soon be added.

Speedboosted

Reaction score
Well, let me speak to that just a little from personal experience. Prior to my recently departed 4Runner, I had a 2011 F150 4X4 with the 5.0 - that was 360 HP right out of the box - it was peppy when applying enough throttle but I wasn't thrilled with the transmission shift patterns. So I bought the SCT programmer with a couple of mild tunes that promised to improve tranny performance -they didn't. I really didn't want to spend another $125 for a "super tune" but I did. Holy leapin lizards! Throttle response, firm shifts and seat of the pants performance was unreal - I didn't end up using the tune all the time as it required 93+ octane but what a kick in the butt to drive! No regrets at all but when all was said and done I had over $650 invested just in the performance aspect. Other than expense the only downer was the 15 minutes it took to upload/download the program and praying for no glitches which, one time, there was. Fortunately for me SCT was only an hour's drive to get to. Next came the 4Runner which is almost undisputed as being a rugged, reliable, go anywhere vehicle right off the showroom floor - but their rated 270 hp is sound asleep until you're about 3/4s into the throttle travel. So after researching many forums/posts with hugely positive reviews on the subject, I pulled the $300 trigger for the Pedal Commander. Pros: 3 minute installation. Pros: seat of the pants acceleration modes - Eco (normal), City (remarkable difference) Sport (instant throttle) and Sport Plus - (never use it as it's rediculously over awesome). Each mode has, within itself, 4 boosters you can select to increase response even more. Now the kicker Pro: to change modes or return to stock all that is needed is the vehicle to be stopped - don't even have to take it out of gear, just stop and select whatever mode you want and go! The Con: the initial $300 and mentally knowing that the device does not add one iota of additional horsepower - it's all throttle manipulation! A lot of us live for the quick acceleration that tunes offer but I can tell you that if I had no mechanical knowledge at all and I requested a speed shop to "make it peppy" - they could have told me they supercharged it at $700 while just adding a PC and I'd a bought it! So, after updating my headlights the Pedal Commander will be soon be added.
Understandable, but you also just said you experienced how much better your naturally aspirated F150 was with a tune. Turbo vehicles have even greater gains to tuning, and you can have them tune it to whatever octane level you want.

It sounds like you'll enjoy the throttle booster, but my argument is for not a ton more in the grand scheme of things, you can have a LOT more enjoyment.

Either way, congrats on the new rig. I’m sure you’re going to love it!

TyCop7

Reaction score
TyCop7, That came out very nice on your truck! Just out of curiosity, it looks like a standard 7’ garage door behind the truck. Does she still fit inside with the lift and tires?
Yup, she squeaks by with about 2-3" to spare!

gram250

Reaction score
I finally broke down and got the Icon 2.5 front suspension with remote adjustable reservoir with and tubular UCAs. Still waiting on the rear set which is back ordered for a few weeks.
Kinda regretting not getting smaller wheels with the new tires (275/60/20), but it just wasn't in the budget at the time.
As you can tell the bag end looks saggy now compared to teh front end. Cant wait to get the rear suspension in there.
Also need to find a decent front bumper for a winch.....
View attachment 72435View attachment 72436View attachment 72437View attachment 72438
No way !?!?! How are the icons??

gram250

Reaction score
Here's mine.... ebay lift kit on stock shocks/springs (well made, nice welds, aligned perfectly but LOUSY instructions) as far as I can tell it's identical to some of the big name $$$ kits.
285/75-17 on 17x 9 +20 wheels. Didn't care for the Vision center caps so I did my own thing.
No RUB at all. Ride is similar to stock, just a little more road feel. Not sure if it's the lift or the tires but it's not an issue. Will probably upgrade gearing and throw in a limited slip. Not sluggish off the line but I can tell at highway speeds it has lost some pep.

View attachment 70334

View attachment 70335

View attachment 70336

View attachment 70338
Awesome, dude… looks great. Can’t wait to get mine done.

gram250

Reaction score
Here are a few pics of my '16

My friend made a nice video about the truck HERE

Currently lifted with spacers - its the only bolt on option I've found.

I also installed custom rear springs that are 25% stiffer and 1 inch taller.

View attachment 68885

View attachment 68886 View attachment 68887

Currently gathering parts for a Raptor front suspension kit and custom 5 link on the rear with Fox 3.0 Racing coil overs.

Should be about a 3 inch lift from stock with 12 inches of travel front and rear.

Will update when that project is done. (Hopefully!)

Baja Kits Ford F-150 Pre Runner Kit

Fox Raptor 3.0 Internal Bypass DSC Coil Over

View attachment 68888

View attachment 68889

The money pit never stops - But it sure is fun,

Mike
Dude!!! I’m in love please post the updates