So... What do ya'll think of my custom rear guard?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
CertusExpo

CertusExpo

Customizing trucks since I was 7 with my Legos
Reaction score
I'm more interested to learn why he blurred out the storefront in one of the pictures.

I blurred it out because I rather enjoy my anonymity/privacy whereas the store name would've given the opportunity for someone to Google the store name, acquire the address and with it, my general neighborhood.

OP
OP
CertusExpo

CertusExpo

Reaction score
And if it was in a parking lot How would you like to walk into it or have your child run into it.

It is a device that was added to his evpy and the only purpose is to cause damage or harm

In parking lots, I generally park far and back into my spots so the guard will be facing in toward anyone that parks behind me (and potentially bumps me) or a non-area.
It's purpose is NOT to inflict more damage to a vehicle that hits me from behind but to enhance the protection and limiting damage to mine.
Survival of the fittest.

Last edited:
OP
OP
CertusExpo

CertusExpo

Reaction score
Just be ware of the DOT police if they pull u over for that and you can't prove its DOT compliant you're in for quite a hefty citation.

Dot police are state police who patrol the highways and they don't bother with speeder or what small cars do they look for semi's and trucks/SUVs towing trailers or carrying forgen objects via their tow hitch. If I remember correctly citation are based on three different categories: weight, length or intended use and in your case it's intended use is to inflict harm to those who might rear end you... Intentional harm usually lands you in jail so just a heads up man I've seen it happen to someone I know how had a spike in the receiver and his intentions were same as yours "keep your distance or else" he never served jail time but he was arrested, booked and posted bond the same day. The truck however was held as evidence at the impound lot, and the final outcome costed him nearly $10k in impound storage fees, lawyer and a loss of license privileges for 3 months.

Remember any thing you put in your receiver hitch has and must be Department of transportation approved otherwise it's illegal.

I will definitely look into this. I went on a long drive this weekend (for no reason but to drive my girl) completely around the 820 loop then up 377 and then East into Roanoke, Lantana to Highland Villiage and back down south through farm roads.

No issues but everyone stopped short and left a good measure of distance at red lights.

OP
OP
CertusExpo

CertusExpo

Reaction score
that's is petty neat might also be destructive to the person who walks into it not paying much attention hehe but i don't know how you could miss a big red thing hanging off the back lmao

I plan on adding Glow In the Dark paint to the sides with a clear coat over it so that anyone walking from the sides will see the glow.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Does that also apply to people that are walking and have their face buried in their phone and don't look where they are going.

And being you back in to a parking spot will not prevent people from walking behind your expy and I would bet you have done that many times in order to get to yours or to exit your expy.

I can understand you wanting to protect your expy but you also show complete disrespect for others that aren't driving behind you but just walking and have no idea that this big red object is going to cause them harm. And don't say they have no right to be behind your expy They have every right to walk thru a parking lot or to be behind your vehicle.

And I don't think that it would offer any protection from any lifted vehicles or big rigs on the highways in Texas and I have seen plenty of them on my trips to TX

OP
OP
CertusExpo

CertusExpo

Reaction score
Wow.. have we ever become a politically correct society that is compliant in trying to please all the people all the time.

I do not care. If the parents are not watching their kids, not my fault. If they have their faces buried in their phones while walking, not my fault. If they are texting and driving, they ABSOLUTELY DESERVE IT.

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
You know if say I rear ended you and you had that installed I'll submit a pic to my insurance and rather explain to them that the damage on my car is far worst thanks to this guy trying to teach us a lesson, with something like that you prolly will double maybe even triple the amount of damages both cars receive and seeing how insurance company's like to nail a person for anything possible I'm 100% sure my insurance will sue you and the possiblity of your insurance standing by you is slim to none once they find out it serves no function but to increase the amount of damages and bodily harm and that it isn't DOT approved and it's far more highly likely they will drop you and put a note under your license number that you indeed intend to inflict harm and increase the amount of physical suffering if a person is to come in contact with it.

Nothing against you but if my insurance doesn't sue you, I personally will.... Seeing my odds of having you pay my repair bill is far more likely once the real reason is established on why that was there...