So... What do ya'll think of my custom rear guard?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
CertusExpo

CertusExpo

Customizing trucks since I was 7 with my Legos
Reaction score
You know if say I rear ended you and you had that installed I'll submit a pic to my insurance and rather explain to them that the damage on my car is far worst thanks to this guy trying to teach us a lesson, with something like that you prolly will double maybe even triple the amount of damages both cars receive and seeing how insurance company's like to nail a person for anything possible I'm 100% sure my insurance will sue you and the possiblity of your insurance standing by you is slim to none once they find out it serves no function but to increase the amount of damages and bodily harm and that it isn't DOT approved and it's far more highly likely they will drop you and put a note under your license number that you indeed intend to inflict harm and increase the amount of physical suffering if a person is to come in contact with it.

Nothing against you but if my insurance doesn't sue you, I personally will.... Seeing my odds of having you pay my repair bill is far more likely once the real reason is established on why that was there...

I can completely see why you have the pretty little rainbow colors for your avatar. You're a complete little pansy. A complainer, whiner, victim and enabler.

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
It will be quite destructive to the poor fool that isn't paying attention and hits me.

^^^That comment right there^^^
That's your guaranteed ticket to a guilty verdict. Because let's not forget insurance companies are netting millions annually and their investigators will try anything to proof your true intend, that includes them checking all social media websites, YouTube and all active forums related to the make and model of your car. The quote that I quoted you on will be your biggest demise!

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
well I know if some one placed something like that and didn't care if children or others got hurt just from walking by then they wouldn't mind coming back and finding a few broken windows or flat tires.

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
You think I'm bad? Can you imagine if i was a woman... Preferably a stay at home mom driving her minivan with all kids aboard and she hits you with that there... I swear my right arm and left leg that she will make it her life goal to make you pay for it and possibly imprison you seeing that she has nothing but time on her hand and the sudden safety for the public .. Good effin luck to you then buddy.

OP
OP
CertusExpo

CertusExpo

Reaction score
well I know if some one placed something like that and didn't care if children or others got hurt just from walking by then they wouldn't mind coming back and finding a few broken windows or flat tires.

Except for a few things.

Alarm that is silent but advises me on my phone.
Truck is covered by a camera in the driveway that also is alarmed and wakes me up when motion is detected.
Cameras in the vehicle to catch license plates and the faces of the attempted perpetrators.
Lastly, my shotgun that is always by my side that will blow BIG 'OL holes in the said perpetrator LEGALLY because this is Texas and thanks to the Castle law.

So, if their life is worth losing for going after my truck, so be it. I won't lose a moments sleep if they're stupid enough to mess with my truck and I end up making a donut out of their abdomen.

I read an interesting news story before Halloween. It was about this whiney family that sent out a note to the neighbors advising them that their child had a peanut allergy and asked the parents to not buy or distribute any candy that potentially had nuts in it.
Do you know what the neighbors' reaction was?

Be a damn parent and DO YOUR DAMN JOB! Instead of asking everyone around you to bend to your kids' limitations. GO THROUGH THEIR CANDY and REMOVE ANY that might have nuts.
This country is GOING TO SHIT because of people like you with an entitled mentality that everyone around you needs to curb their lives around your victimized way of thinking.

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Except for a few things.

Alarm that is silent but advises me on my phone.
Truck is covered by a camera in the driveway that also is alarmed and wakes me up when motion is detected.
Cameras in the vehicle to catch license plates and the faces of the attempted perpetrators.
Lastly, my shotgun that is always by my side that will blow BIG 'OL holes in the said perpetrator LEGALLY because this is Texas and thanks to the Castle law.

So, if their life is worth losing for going after my truck, so be it. I won't lose a moments sleep if they're stupid enough to mess with my truck and I end up making a donut out of their abdomen.

I read an interesting news story before Halloween. It was about this whiney family that sent out a note to the neighbors advising them that their child had a peanut allergy and asked the parents to not buy or distribute any candy that potentially had nuts in it.
Do you know what the neighbors' reaction was?

Be a damn parent and DO YOUR DAMN JOB! Instead of asking everyone around you to bend to your kids' limitations. GO THROUGH THEIR CANDY and REMOVE ANY that might have nuts.
This country is GOING TO SHIT because of people like you with an entitled mentality that everyone around you needs to curb their lives around your victimized way of thinking.

• You can piss, moan and attack others all day long, but from a legal standpoint they are correct. It is one thing to protect your vehicle; it is another to do so in a way that is designed to intentionally inflict damage to people and property. If someone chose to sue you for damages inflicted by your concoction, you would almost certainly lose.
  • No one believes that you have devoted that much time and money into protecting a 13 year old Expedition worth a couple Gs. I'm not even sure why you would want anyone to believe that you would be so foolish as to: (a) feed so much money into a vehicle worth so little (b) potentially face life in prison to protect it.
  • Castle Doctrine does not permit you to shoot someone who attempts to steal or damage your vehicle in the middle of the night.
  • You are the type of gun owner that makes the rest of us look bad.
  • You may want to stop posting your intent to harm others online. Should it ever come to the point where someone is impaled on your device or ends up with a "donut out of their abdomen" as a result of you shooting them, the fact that you expressed clear, premeditated intent to harm them wouldn't bode well for your defense.

OP
OP
CertusExpo

CertusExpo

Reaction score
I have ZERO intent of harming anyone but have every intention of protecting myself and mine.

That's all. And yes, that includes protecting a 13-year-old vehicle because it is my property to protect.

I am not posting intent to harm but rather intent to protect. I am posting that that is what the consequences could lead up to in a worst case situation. I could detain, handcuff and call the police to arrest instead. There is no intent though and my stating that I would protect my property up to and including the use of lethal force is completely within my rights to do so. That does not equate my 'premeditation'. That would be the same as saying that if someone carries openly or concealed, they are premeditating on doing harm because they are carrying. H E L L O...

Geeze... I thought this was a forum with MEN and TRUCKS :/

By the way. Here is the paragraph that pertains to One's One Property so that I may educate you away from your ignorance and you won't further provide incorrect information as fact.

Protection of One’s Own Property
Under Texas Penal Code §9.42, a person may use deadly force against another to protect land or property if:

1. He is the owner of the land;
  2. He reasonably believes using the force is immediately necessary to prevent arson, burglary, or robbery; and
  3. He reasonably believes that the land or property cannot be protected or recovered by any other means.
    Protection of One’s Own Property
    Under Texas Penal Code §9.42, a person may use deadly force against another to protect land or property if:
    1. He is the owner of the land;
    2. He reasonably believes using the force is immediately necessary to prevent arson, burglary, or robbery; and
    3. He reasonably believes that the land or property cannot be protected or recovered by any other means.

Last edited:
OP
OP
CertusExpo

CertusExpo

Reaction score
  • You can piss, moan and attack others all day long, but from a legal standpoint they are correct. It is one thing to protect your vehicle; it is another to do so in a way that is designed to intentionally inflict damage to people and property. If someone chose to sue you for damages inflicted by your concoction, you would almost certainly lose.
  • No one believes that you have devoted that much time and money into protecting a 13 year old Expedition worth a couple Gs. I'm not even sure why you would want anyone to believe that you would be so foolish as to: (a) feed so much money into a vehicle worth so little (b) potentially face life in prison to protect it.
  • Castle Doctrine does not permit you to shoot someone who attempts to steal or damage your vehicle in the middle of the night.
  • You are the type of gun owner that makes the rest of us look bad.
  • You may want to stop posting your intent to harm others online. Should it ever come to the point where someone is impaled on your device or ends up with a "donut out of their abdomen" as a result of you shooting them, the fact that you expressed clear, premeditated intent to harm them wouldn't bode well for your defense.

To address your other comments:

I'm not ******* or moaning. I just can't believe what I'm reading. I can't believe what our country. society and men have been reduced to. If someone rear-ends me because they were driving too fast, texting, aggressive, or just a bad driver. How is that MY fault? How about just taking responsibility for one's own actions. And again, it was not built and installed with the INTENT of doing harm/damage but the opposite. To reduce and limit the damage to my vehicle from BEHIND when obviously the MVA would not have resulted from my neglect or actions. Remember, the car that rear-ends is AT FAULT by default.
If I had it, or a pair built and installed where the tow hooks up front are then I could COMPLETELY SEE YOUR POINT. That could be construed as intent but still legally arguable in a court of law.

Are you saying that I need your permission to modify and/or customize my own property because it's not new enough, good enough , or worth enough in YOUR eyes? Not to mention that it SLIDES INTO the hitch receiver so do you know what that means? I can REMOVE IT and SLIDE it into another vehicle of my choice.

Look at my list of mods. They are not cosmetic or frivolous. They are ALL safety upgrades. Every single one.
Hell.. I just finished modding the puddle lamps and although it came out 'cosmetically' impressive, the intent is safety, not looks. The looks are merely a side-effect.

Last edited:

cman1120

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well this is certainly a charged topic now.. I suppose first off I do think it looks pretty badass, and I certainly would be sure to position anything of mine as far away from you as physically possible.

I am all for adding protection to my vehicle in case of a crash, so I can see that part of the argument. It is pretty obvious that it is placed there in order to cause more damage to whatever impacts it than to the vehicle it is mounted to, which would not likely sit well in a court of law I imagine. A flat bar that is spread out across the rear bumper is a better idea, for the following;

A) Protects more of the rear end- afterall, what use is that big pointy red thing if someone hits you at an angle from behind?
B) Won't make you curse yourself if you or your family/friends walk into it by accident. Don't tell me you never will, I have walked into my hitch many a time and it will happen to you.
C) Those who would get into an accident with you would be less likely to sue, as a flat or round bar (or really anything not like THAT which you have mounted) would not be nearly as aggressive, nor built to serve a more sinister purpose. Yes, designing something to cause massive amounts of damage to anything it makes contact could be considered sinister.
Adding something that is designed to protect your vehicle more in a crash- awesome, don't think anyone would argue against that. A trailer hitch even is a decent deterrant, or a pintle hook. Both serve a purpose, and have a benefit of adding additional protection.

I understand what you are trying to do and I respect your drive to do so, and your creativity - hats off. However I cannot in good faith endorse that which you have mounted.

One factor not taken into consideration is what if you or someone you let drive your vehicle reverses into and hits another vehicle, or let alone another person? What could have been a minor accident is now major - as YOU are at fault, and have caused more damage than otherwise would have resulted. In the case of another person, have fun being sued and paying their hospital bills for seriously maiming them when you hit them with that thing.

Just a bit of friendly advice which is what the other posters are trying to provide as well, some of which you have attacked and insulted because their opinions do not align with yours. This forum is great and respectful, lets try to keep it that way hm?

Examples of crash protection not meant to maim 85e27620ec9fffe7078ad16c2459063a.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk