Some exhaust upgrade info

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tallsville

Full Access Members
Reaction score
@joezek. sorry forgot about this post. yes its 2.5 in 3 out. its been 5 yrs since i put the exhaust in so if i remember correctly it was a couple mpg more. i get 18mpg on hwy about 14 city. but i also put the k&n fipk on a month earlier. as far as power goes you can feel the difference. you can check my exhaust post in this section. there is a youtube video from inside. so you can see and hear what the exhaust is like.

cbiii

Reaction score
you can always run a y pipe right after the last bend
SS009.jpg
DSCN4933.jpg

dont take this the wrong way...but did ray charles do those welds??
and why would you want to do something like that? just for the look? you could have bought a y from oriellys or autozone or somewhere just as easily.

WHOISMOOTOO

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i feel you cbiii i was pissed at first, it was a mom and pop shop and the tips i got werent an exact 45 degree cut (i realized that after the job was dont)so it was necessary for it to be crooked (if that makes sense)

i got this done when i put my flowmaster on i wanted chrome tips side by side but i didnt want to be able to see the welds from the back of the truck so i got the long tips. i left and ate lunch and this is what i came back to, i got it all for free in the end. it looks horrible from the bottom but from the side you can barely tell because there actually even from the side, look at the sig pic so i just left it as is

tallsville

Full Access Members
Reaction score
got an oil change today. they had it on a lift so i took a pic of the whole exhaust.

Attachments

• full exhaust pic.jpg
    full exhaust pic.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 251

nate66

Reaction score
I have a 1999 Expedition XLT. I see there are o2 sensors on the second set of cats. anyway to get around these? cat delete?

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you'd have to go to a muffler shop unless youre a muffler man...since ur asking for help...the later doesnt apply....ne way go to a muffler shop...04-06 EBs cant do true duals because of the way they redesigned everything underneath...i've seen 03's with true duals but 04-06 they dont have the room/clearance to run split or side-by-side duals...they tried to use the smallest piping they had and couldnt do it....the left side doesnt have the clearance like the right...cant fit 2 pipes on the right...main reason why WHOISMOOTOO did what he did...i'm going to do it too...

dub_edition03

Reaction score
you'd have to go to a muffler shop unless youre a muffler man...since ur asking for help...the later doesnt apply....ne way go to a muffler shop...04-06 EBs cant do true duals because of the way they redesigned everything underneath...i've seen 03's with true duals but 04-06 they dont have the room/clearance to run split or side-by-side duals...they tried to use the smallest piping they had and couldnt do it....the left side doesnt have the clearance like the right...cant fit 2 pipes on the right...main reason why WHOISMOOTOO did what he did...i'm going to do it too...
i have a single inlet dual outlet exhaust.. i had to take out the hitch and spare because i wanted it to come out a certian way.. but when the dude ran the 2 pipes he had to do alot of bending and cutting. but he was able to run both pipes out to the back.. if you pay attention on the passanger side i want to say its on the side of the control arm the dude ran both exhaust pipes... the barely fit.. i paid 450.00 for everything flowmaster labor, tips...ect im sure there is a way to fit a dual exhaust system on your expy.. the only reason i didnt run duals is because i hear that on the 4.6L you lose hp.. that it sounds like crap also.. i didnt want to take that risk..