Stealth or Custom hidden Subwoofer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I love me some really good low frequency sound, my plati has the B&O factory sound and in general, it's pretty nice, but I would love to do the sub. In my previous vehicle I had a JL Audio stealthbox, which those aren't cheap but it was lightyears above the factory sub. I would love to do that on this but JL doesn't have one yet, and in general, love the W0 series subs. I haven't seen anyone else make a replacement for the factory enclosure yet, and I generally don't like replacing the driver itself and reusing the factory enclosure as they are normally such crappy molded plastic, they flex too much and cause resonance.

If you see a replacement for the factory sub, I'd love to know. With my previous vehicle, I was going to have CarToys make a customer replacement, but it turned into a shit show. The guy that originally quoted me an affordable amount left by the time I scheduled the install, and they wanted to double the price so I said heck no. I used to build custom stereos, but I don't have the tools or desire to do a bunch of fiberglass work if you know what I mean.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So quick update to this, talked to an old friend at JL and he noted that the are in the initial stages at looking to do one for this. They said for folks in florida near their shops should keep an eye on their Facebook page, as they often ask for donor vehicles in there for measurements and fitment. Would help if I could but I'm a couple thousand miles away.

bryz_expy

Reaction score
Definitely interested. I still have my JL audio stealth sub 10” setup from my F150 that I would like to add. Do you have ideas where a stealth box would go to not consume any additional cargo room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yup, in most cases it replaced a factory sub.. for example, in my 2011 grand cherokee, it completely replaced the factory sub enclosure. It was perfect, down to the upholstery. So even if you don't have a factory sub, my guess is you still have the same trim, which means it would fit behind that.

GenSuper

Reaction score
I recently installed the JL Audio Stealthbox in my 19 Platinum. Very pricey but, very much worth the money. Goes in the driver’s side rear seat / storage area panel in the same place as the OEM.

8131full

Full Access Members
Reaction score

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yeah, I've been watching that thing for a while, was trying to be a beta tester but never got the invite :(. Just can't pull the trigger on that price.

GenSuper

Reaction score
I didn’t do the install, but the installer said it was a simple install. I bought some sort of an interface and separate amp for the sub. Cost me a little over 2K for everything.