Steering Vibration 2022 Ford Expedition Max SPP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tyra

Reaction score
Are those of you having issues all have Max’s? I don’t have a max and do not seem to have any vibration issues. I do feel it rides a little rough on some of the concrete parts of the freeway where there are seams but I did not get CCD. The steering wheel does not vibrate at all as some noted and it seems to ride fairly smooth on asphalt roads.

rd618

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Are those of you having issues all have Max’s? I don’t have a max and do not seem to have any vibration issues. I do feel it rides a little rough on some of the concrete parts of the freeway where there are seams but I did not get CCD. The steering wheel does not vibrate at all as some noted and it seems to ride fairly smooth on asphalt roads.
I’ve got regular, spp with the 22’s it’s vibrated from day 1.
The crappy generals are what I think the issue is.
I’ve had 5 tires replaced, still has an issue. They require so much weight to balance.

29twonine

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Do they not road test these things? My dealer road tests them all after a tire balance.
Well this tech wrote that "vibrated badly at 60mph. Balanced tires and drove again, some vibration at 80mph."

I've only driven it home from the dealer, but I would say the vibration is worse now. I'm going to push pretty hard for new tires, this is ridiculous in a 90k vehicle.

And to the other comment above, I'm 98% sure it's the tires, when my buddy tested them on the road force balancer, you could see them wobble. He said the rims were all good, the tires were flattspotted or just bad.

rd618

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well this tech wrote that "vibrated badly at 60mph. Balanced tires and drove again, some vibration at 80mph."

I've only driven it home from the dealer, but I would say the vibration is worse now. I'm going to push pretty hard for new tires, this is ridiculous in a 90k vehicle.

And to the other comment above, I'm 98% sure it's the tires, when my buddy tested them on the road force balancer, you could see them wobble. He said the rims were all good, the tires were flattspotted or just bad.
Same exact issue with mine.
Friend look at mine too and goes, “these are crappy tires”, they were technically balanced, but the wobble and firm (not flat) spots were just barely in spec for light duty truck.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Park anything in Kentucky for 6 months and see what the tires do, muchness these cheap-azz tires....

29twonine

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just talked to my service guy, he seems to agree that the tires need replaced. Taking it back in Tuesday morning, we'll see what happens then! Always an adventure!

Infra246

Reaction score
Mine is a Max. Like I said earlier even one of the replacement tires were bad and many others have had the same problem. These tires are junk which is largely contributing to the problem.

dhenderz

Reaction score
Mine is not a max, but is a SPP with the 22s and CCD. Mine has been road force balanced by the same dealer 3 times. It is better now. What I have noticed is that sometimes it is smooth, then there will be a period of time where it will vibrate again - all in the same trip. The vibration is felt in the steering wheel and in the seats (ie: all 4 tires/wheels). Made a 1000 mile round trip a few weeks ago. Had the smooth/vibrate/smooth.... experience multiple times on the same trip.

While I still inclined to believe the root cause is the General tires, I am beginning to wonder if it is associated with the combination of the sport tuned suspension (SPP package) and CCD.

I will be ordering new winter tires/wheels shortly. It will be very interesting to see what a completely different set of wheels & tires will feel like.....