Stiffer Suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JasonH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Looking for stiffer spring recommendations - anyone trying this with great results?
Might not want to try the SUMO after this discussion?

My camper is a little over 30' ft. It pulls fine with a properly configured WDH hitch and the E tires. The C tires squirmed more than was comfortable, even at 50 psi. If you don't have a scale ticket, I strongly suggest getting one. You shouldn't need a stiffer rear if your hitch is set up properly.

Last edited:

Fasttimes

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Looking for stiffer spring recommendations - anyone trying this with great results?
Might not want to try the SUMO after this discussion?
I put Monroe Quick Struts all around and have been happy. They were stiffer than stock and helped with towing. I also added SUMO spacers, and Helwig sway bars front and back. The combo of the three plus a dialed in WDH have vastly changed my towing experience.

K-Clive

Reaction score
About the hitch setup:
I am looking at the torsion bar CURT etc.
There is not enough room for that stuff on my setup because I'm running a 5" drop tow hitch to keep the trailer only slightly high in front, about 2" lower in back. PIC included

Attachments

• 5inch drop small.JPG
    5inch drop small.JPG
    90.9 KB · Views: 8

K-Clive

Reaction score
Ps. I was on the scale with this setup and the empty-ish weight was 8200lbs - I dropped 400lbs of metal at the recyclers it was 8600lbs
going into the facility