Stock foglights to LED lightbar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Texpedition45

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Has anyone tried wiring a small lightbar in place of the stock driving lights/fog lights?

I was looking at the amp draw of this set, and I don't think it will be an issue.

Any pros/cons/opinions are appreciated.

8" LED lightbar

OP
OP
T

Texpedition45

Full Access Members
Reaction score
2000 Eddie Bauer. Lol, I should probably do a sig with the truck info...

My main concern is the stock wiring. I want to use the existing wiring to keep and still be able to use the stock switch. Looking at the amp draw, I *think* it will be fine and probably a decent upgrade/alternative.

69Hcode

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I ran 55w bulbs for years in my old Focus fog lights. Never had a problem. Didn't change out the fuse either.

z168

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I like running my fog lamps as DRLs on long drives. So if incase you have plans to do so, I bypassed the factory wires and installed a harness with 2 triggers: 1) park lights and 2) separate dash switch. Pretty easy to do

OP
OP
T

Texpedition45

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That sounds pretty good, but I want to retain the factory headlight switch to activate the existing driving/auxiliary lamps. Basically a plug and play using the existing wiring (hopefully).

I'm going to order the lights in a week or so, and post the results soon after.

z168

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That sounds pretty good, but I want to retain the factory headlight switch to activate the existing driving/auxiliary lamps. Basically a plug and play using the existing wiring (hopefully).

I'm going to order the lights in a week or so, and post the results soon after.

Sounds good! In for the update