throttle actuator control throttle body air flow trim at max limit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I need some help and advice. I have a 2008 Expedition XLT, I got this code yesterday and I’m wondering if I just need to clean the throttle body or do I need to replace it.
Code is P115E

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well, I would certainly start out by cleaning it out with some throttle body cleaner and see how it reacts to that before spending the money on a new throttle body. Any autoparts store will carry CRC Throttle Body Cleaner for less than $10 . Use an old toothbrush to scrub off the carbon around the butterfly plate. It's easy.

OP
OP
Victormendez1993
Reaction score
Ok great! Thank you. Would I have to do a relearn of the throttle? If so, how do I do that.

Mikezr

Reaction score
That's easy just turn the key to the last position before starting wait for it to cycle thru maybe 30 seconds to a minute and then you will hear a chime and she's good to go.

OP
OP
Victormendez1993
Reaction score
That's easy just turn the key to the last position before starting wait for it to cycle thru maybe 30 seconds to a minute and then you will hear a chime and she's good to go.
Ok thank you very much? Sorry for the late response.