Tire/Rim question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

niowa98eb

Reaction score
So I'm looking to get new rims for my 98 Expy EB 4x4. The clear coat is flaking off of the factory rims and looks like crap. I am wondering if my 265/70-17 tires would fit on a 17x8 or 17x9 rim? I just got new tires 4 months ago and don't really want to spend more money on bigger tires if I don't have to. Sorry if this is a stupid question I know nothing about tires and rims.

JDMitchell

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes they will both work, but the 9 inch rim might look a little weird with a 265. IMO I would just buy the rims that were the better deal, so if it ended up being a 17x9 then so what. You will use what you have then buy some that will fit better once your current tires are worn out.

OP
OP
niowa98eb

niowa98eb

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply. I was thinking of getting some factory take offs but after seeing the price I figured I could get some aftermarket ones for not much more.

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if you have no plans of going bigger i'd go with 17x8 but if you might think of going bigger in the future go with 17x9s.. either will work but its what you wanna spend and your preference...