Tires '18 Expedition Limited 4x4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dice Roll

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Counting down the days with the hankrooks

Probably will go with the Michelin’s and get them at Costco when the time comes. Had pirellis on other car. We’re great, but then they got sold to a Chinese outfit and that concerns me. Companies with names get bought by the Chinese to front for shit products. I do like Bridgestone products and have had much success with them, but lately they seem to be getting poor marks for winter and we have 15k hills where I live. Only a few bad days, but playing slip and slide is for the backyard, not your suv.

Kmdcolo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Counting down the days with the hankrooks

Probably will go with the Michelin’s and get them at Costco when the time comes. Had pirellis on other car. We’re great, but then they got sold to a Chinese outfit and that concerns me. Companies with names get bought by the Chinese to front for shit products. I do like Bridgestone products and have had much success with them, but lately they seem to be getting poor marks for winter and we have 15k hills where I live. Only a few bad days, but playing slip and slide is for the backyard, not your suv.

I looked at Michelin’s but they didn’t have the proper weight rating for the expedition in the 22” size. I think it must be a Ford required rating because they are rated for Escalades.

Dice Roll

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I looked at Michelin’s but they didn’t have the proper weight rating for the expedition in the 22” size. I think it must be a Ford required rating because they are rated for Escalades.

that’s good to know. Will have to keep looking. Thanks

OP
OP
D

DenSanAZ

Reaction score
I too went with continental terrain ATs. (22”)

quiet, handle well on highway and curvy roads. so much better than the Hankook highways.

discount tire had a good sale going, to boot.
I bought my 20" Pirelli Scorpion II at Discount Tire, going on tomorrow! Not on sale but they were cheaper than Michelins.

Dice Roll

Full Access Members
Reaction score

checked and the weight rating on the premier is 2601 like others. They sell a lesser version that’s about 2300. Several brands seemed to offer these versions.

OP
OP
D

DenSanAZ

Reaction score
I just had my Pirelli tires installed to replace the brand new Sailun Atrezzo garbage the dealer had put on - and what a difference! Just backing out of the parking space at Discount Tire, I could immediately tell the difference, no exaggeration. I'm only a mile, tops, from Discount but the handling was vastly improved, as was the ride. It wasn't horrible with the Sailun, aside from sliding sideways out of the car wash last week, but I'm very happy with my decision to spend $1k, I already feel safer (especially with how I drive!). Again, thanks to everyone for your feedback. You definition get what you pay for with tires! I did keep the 4 Sailun tires, they'll be listed on eBay in a few days if anyone wants that crap!

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just had my Pirelli tires installed to replace the brand new Sailun Atrezzo garbage the dealer had put on - and what a difference! Just backing out of the parking space at Discount Tire, I could immediately tell the difference, no exaggeration. I'm only a mile, tops, from Discount but the handling was vastly improved, as was the ride. It wasn't horrible with the Sailun, aside from sliding sideways out of the car wash last week, but I'm very happy with my decision to spend $1k, I already feel safer (especially with how I drive!). Again, thanks to everyone for your feedback. You definition get what you pay for with tires! I did keep the 4 Sailun tires, they'll be listed on eBay in a few days if anyone wants that crap!
Wise choice, bonus points for the immediate confirmation.