Tires 2000 Ford Exp 4WD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I'm riding on Goodyear Assurance Fuel Max 265/70/17 tires on stock wheels. They're great passenger tires when it comes to fuel and ride, but I need to switch the tires for light off- road trips. I don't plan on lifting the truck anytime soon (budget constraints). I've seen some deals on 265/70/17 AT tires. Any recommendations or pics?

Plati

Reaction score
I've used and have both Falken Wildpeak AT3W & Kumho Road Venture AT51 and been quite happy with both. I went to LT version for deeper tread & tougher sidewall, drawback is they are heavier and reduce gas mileage an mpg or 2 or some number. So many good tires out there.

Buying online seems to yield good deals especially if there is free shipping and a manufacturer rebate and a deal on installation and an extra 5% off for "signing up for emails". Tire Buyer has been getting me the tires the next day (since they have a local warehouse) to a tire shop to mount and free return if you are stupid and order the wrong size (which I did once).

Last edited:
OP
OP
T
Reaction score
Thanks MrSticker and ExplorerTom. Man, those Falkens have a nice, aggressive tread! I can get a deal on the Coopers and Kumhos. (The Coopers run about $100 more). I can get the Falkens a little over $600 mounted and balanced. Thanks for the recommendations! Time to decide.