Traction Control Not Working 2010 EL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lorlainie

Reaction score
The other night it was raining and I was turning on the the highway and my rear tires spun. Granted, it's getting close to get new tires. Pushed the traction control button and it would not engage. Thoughts on how to fix?

Menard LaDouche

Reaction score
Oddly, traction control is ON by default. Hitting the button and turning on the yellow light turns traction control OFF. I prefer to call it "no-traction" control, because, like the manual says, "when you get stuck, turn traction control off". In otherwords, the vehicle is more capable with the traction control off (yellow light on). I learned this the hard way when I got stuck in the mud with traction control on. After turning it off, I drove out like a regular 4wd.

As for fixing yours... I have never worked on it, and can only hope your problem is a simple fuse failure.

Timo2824

Full Access Members
Reaction score
On my 2017 I can do a little burnout with traction control on. It does start limiting the throttle, but will allow some wheel spin. My guess is that you hadn't spun them enough to get the throttle to close noticeably. Remember that these are rear wheel drive trucks with v8's/ boosted v6's. Even with traction control you need to be careful on any slick surfaces. If your's is 4x4, turn on the auto next time.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waleedalmadani