TRIGGERED at car wash!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1970Maverick

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sorry to see this happen but, lesson learned... don't ever take any vehicle through an automatic car wash.
My first job was wiping down cars as they exited the car wash and there were so many pieces of trim, antennas, roof racks that got damaged that I have never taken any of my vehicles to an automated wash. Even in the winter I either wash with warm water(I have a sink in my garage with an adapter on the faucet to connect a hose) or go to a wash bay with a pressure type wand.

Julio Walker

Reaction score
I was going to suggest a similar fix. You could use the same material that they make front end masks with. It’s available through amazon for pretty cheap. Relatively easy to apply and leaves a glossy protected finish that won’t scratch or chip. My front bumper, Hood and mirrors are done with it. And I did the rear bumper and lower skirt behind the rear tires with it. Works great. No stone chips or scratches and it is basically invisible.

can you post pics and a link? thanks

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sorry to see this happen but, lesson learned... don't ever take any vehicle through an automatic car wash.
My first job was wiping down cars as they exited the car wash and there were so many pieces of trim, antennas, roof racks that got damaged that I have never taken any of my vehicles to an automated wash. Even in the winter I either wash with warm water(I have a sink in my garage with an adapter on the faucet to connect a hose) or go to a wash bay with a pressure type wand.

+10000

Even the touchless washes are scary. All of that water is recycled.

Beyond that NEVER let the dealer touch your car. I have a note in the computer to never wash my cars. And when I buy them I tell them to leave it as is...even if it is dirty. I do not want them ‘prepping’ the exterior for delivery.

Then it’s straight to the detail shop, paint correction and xpel ultimate wrap.

Dillon Cawthon

Reaction score
Yep I had a spray wax dry on that part on mine with pretty much the same results as yours.

Turned white and would not wash off.

I just buffed it off with some polishing compound.

OP
OP
Rancidlunchmeat

Rancidlunchmeat

2019 XLT FX4
Reaction score
Yep I had a spray wax dry on that part on mine with pretty much the same results as yours.

Turned white and would not wash off.

I just buffed it off with some polishing compound.

That makes more sense, I don't think the dealer ran it through a car wash. Spray wax though..