Update all versions of Ford Sync 3 to the latest Sync 3.4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rob6805

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah, Ford's over the air system has seen some major improvements over the past few months. They had too! with so many vehicles on Sync 4 that is dependent on the Over the air system.
I just checked on the Ford website and it is telling me that there is an update. The file name is NU5T-14G381-AA (1.8gb). I assume this is the 3.4.22200 that I received via OTA and the system just hasn't caught up yet.

MxRacer965

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah, UConnect 5 is still better that 4, but 4 is definitely an improvement over 3.4.
Submitted my inquiry to infotainment. There’s also a place in Northern lower peninsula here in MI that specializes in Ford Sync upgrades that I’m chatting with. Whoever gets it done first I’m all-in!

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Submitted my inquiry to infotainment. There’s also a place in Northern lower peninsula here in MI that specializes in Ford Sync upgrades that I’m chatting with. Whoever gets it done first I’m all-in!
MX, if the other place gets a kit, please create a new post in the 4th Gen group, because I am sure several will be interested, including myself. I am contemplating finding a Sync 4 APIM and doing it myself...but they aren't cheap, and then would need to fix the coding.

Rob6805

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What is the name of the place in northern lower MI?

MxRacer965

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I emailed about availability and got a response back super fast (on a Sunday) that they were working on it. Maybe hit them up and they prioritize working on it. They were aware of some of the challenges, but not that infotainment has an answer for the F150. So now that they know it can be done maybe they’ll renew efforts with more interest.

spiderman865

Reaction score
What version maps is any one with a 2020 running? I'm at sync version 3.4.22251 and just noticed I have 21 maps.