Update all versions of Ford Sync 3 to the latest Sync 3.4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
What benefit is there in Sync4 other than the warm fuzzy feeling of having the latest firmware? :)

-- Chuck
Wireless CarPlay, and the ability to use Factory Nav with CarPlay active. The nav is "Connected" also. As in it has some internet based features. The interface is a little cleaner, and the new APIM is quicker with better hardware.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Anyone keeping eyes peeled for a Sync 4 update? I would imagine should this even be possible it would require some new hardware. I think infotainment.com has a F150 kit to go from Sync 3 to 4 but I haven’t reached out about Expy. I’d pony up for new version if I had to buy some new hardware. I plan to keep the Expy for 6-7 more years or so. It’d be worth it to me.
Fill out this form!

https://forms.zohopublic.com/infota...a/m7R2exajUQkfs2WJO8mkDzUcYC2HIt5WrUWxFICnigs

I contacted their support and sent my VIN on my 2020. They said not yet, but more requests would help.

Rob6805

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So something surprised happened tonight. All of a sudden the Sync update pop up appeaead letting me know that an update has been installed. 3.4.22200

Attachments

• 20221031_213743.jpg
    20221031_213743.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 12

MxRacer965

Full Access Members
Reaction score

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
So something surprised happened tonight. All of a sudden the Sync update pop up appeaead letting me know that an update has been installed. 3.4.22200
Yeah, Ford's over the air system has seen some major improvements over the past few months. They had too! with so many vehicles on Sync 4 that is dependent on the Over the air system.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I’ll do that first thing in the AM. Absolutely will buy a new APIM if I can get to Sync 4. My 2019 Ram 1500 with UConnect 4 and wife’s 21 Grand Cherokee L Summit with UConnect 5 both make Sync 3.4 look like a pile of garbage.
Yeah, UConnect 5 is still better that 4, but 4 is definitely an improvement over 3.4.

chuck s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Chesterfield, VA (that's south of Richmond, y'all)
Sync updated all by itself when the vehicle was shut down? How does this work? I have automatic updates set, my Wifi is recognized, and the signal is at least Fair.

3.4.22200 and 3.4.22251 show available with the CyanLabs software and this process works for me but resets everything including all my GPS saved data so I'm hesitant to "update" with our a very good reason.

-- Chuck

Last edited:

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sync updated all by itself when the vehicle was shut down? How does this work? I have automatic updates set, my Wifi is recognized, and the signal is at least Fair.

3.4.22200 and 3.4.22251 show available with the CyanLabs software and this process works for me but resets everything including all my GPS saved data so I'm hesitant to "update" with our a very good reason.

-- Chuck
Chuck the 16-19, and early 2020's will most like not see any over the air updates. The APIM firmware does not officially support the current releases of Sync 3.4, or any 3.4 for that matter. So Cyanlabs is the only option.

Most 2020's and 2021's have the later firmware, and there for support 3.4 and any of the current available versions officially. They should see over the air updates as Ford gets its act together. Those will go away soon too, once Ford goes to Google based root OS and away from QNX.