wanting it bigger

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
LastExpo2000

LastExpo2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I already have the TT and rear spacer, I just want it bigger now. I understand my choice of words are impressionable but it is what it is lol. That Rancho lift that nvy has, I could not find on rancho's website. I am considering a body lift now but I don't think it would look right.

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
they discontinued the rancho but you can still find them sometimes on ebay. i believe thermo has the same kit. i know there is a 5" out there that another member had on his expy. suspension kits get expensive though. i think a body lift would look just fine, just make sure you order the gap guards as well (about 80 bucks). this will close up those god-awful spaces you see in the fenderwells! i hear ya on the bigger, i am going to add a BL to mine as well so i can fit some 37's, maybe stuff some 38's.

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
a cheap 6" kit is available through Zone offraod... I talked to there reps last year at a jamboree and it seems like a decent kit... just not as nice as a fabtech... :Wedgie:

Thermo

technical advisor
Reaction score
I could save you a lot of time and effort. Get a 4" lift, 37" tires, 4.56 gears already done. You can take it for $5000. has some motor work done too to help with getting through the mud and whatnot. I'll even toss in the high lift jack and recovery strap (works really good for pulling Volvo cars sideways, not that I have ever..... LMAO).

OP
OP
LastExpo2000

LastExpo2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I may end up getting a BL after tax time. Would 9" wide rims be wide enough for 35x12.50's? I want it to look like a green English bulldog

Thermo

technical advisor
Reaction score
LastExpo, 9" rims will work, but under heavy suspension use, you may find that you will have some rubbing, specifically at the rear of the front wheel wells. Now, there is a mod out there that a few guys have done that will allow you to tie the wheel well liner back, but how do you feel about taking a 3 pound hammer to the body of your truck? If you stop by my place, we can get it done in just over an hour. I have done it to my truck. Just takes a little bit of kahunas to grab the hammer and take that first swing. If you want more info about it, let me know.

Expeditionary

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I could save you a lot of time and effort. Get a 4" lift, 37" tires, 4.56 gears already done. You can take it for $5000. has some motor work done too to help with getting through the mud and whatnot. I'll even toss in the high lift jack and recovery strap (works really good for pulling Volvo cars sideways, not that I have ever..... LMAO).

5Gs holy shit thats a F'ing good deal man... I would love it, I could probably get that for mine lol, but I already have 35s bought and going on soon lol (thats not the only reason)

TheGuyWho

Full Access Members
Reaction score
5Gs holy shit thats a F'ing good deal man... I would love it, I could probably get that for mine lol, but I already have 35s bought and going on soon lol (thats not the only reason)

Just buy his, save your tires, and sell your Expedition! That's a hell of a deal! Although I did buy mine for $4k... but it had nothing done to it.

Expeditionary

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just buy his, save your tires, and sell your Expedition! That's a hell of a deal! Although I did buy mine for $4k... but it had nothing done to it.

i bought mine for 4K too. I am a big fan of the Built not bought mentality. I dont like taking someone else's work that they have put into their truck and make it off to me my own.... That being said if you cant find a buyer I would think about taking out the rancho lift and selling it. Just a thought