What did you do to the expy today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Parked next to a lowered Tahoe at work. Mine is stock height and it towers over this thing.
A different guy I work with just bought a similar Tahoe. He's also lowering it so it handles better. He says it currently handles horribly- it's like 13 years old with all factory suspension and steering parts. I just don't understand lowering 4wd trucks/SUVs. I tried telling him that if he replaced everything and got it back to factory fresh, then it would handle just fine. If they handled like crap new then no one would have bought them.

I suppose I can understand it if you live and work in the city and never take the truck anywhere else. Of course then I would ask: Why don't you get a crossover or minivan? Part of what I like about having an SUV/truck is the versatility. I can take my truck to work and still take it up an unpaved mountain road for a hike afterwards without shredding the undercarriage.

reece146

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finally got around to removing the radiator support today. With any luck tomorrow I will get the new one welded in.

Gruz7

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finally got around to removing the radiator support today. With any luck tomorrow I will get the new one welded in.
Ayy post some pics... my rad support looks like s*** I'd love to replace it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

reece146

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Heading out after I get brunch served and such. Hopefully will have the new piece welded in by EOD.

reece146

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Didn't get to weld anything today. I need to mount the fenders and grille to check alignment before welding anything and I forgot that I snapped the fender mounting bolts just under the windshield so between that and running out of daylight I called it a day once I was able to test fit.

test_fit_ready.jpg

mocked_rough.jpg

The part is a cheap Taiwanese part I got on ebay. It's not built to the same standard as factory sheet metal but with some hammer massage should work fine. It's all under the factory sheet metal so you won't be able to tell once it's back together.

whitelightning99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Got my "no signal issue" FIXED It was just a wire that was not making good contact in the plug that plugs into the fuse box.So now i got 5 FREE signal flashers,1 free multi function switch,and a bunch of free fuses/relays :) and free signal bulbs that are all in good working order while there was a time i figured all the part and stuff i got was junk hehe

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That's why you do a wiggle test on wires. The bulbs you'll use, who knows you might need the switch later on. Relays can be used for other vehicles. All in all you got away cheap. Be glad the guys at the wrecking yard didn't pat you down, or check your tool box.

whitelightning99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
lol so your acussing me of stealing parts ?? F YOU awesome to have friend in the yard *****, i pity those who have to over pay for parts hehehehehe

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey I've shoved small parts in the bottom if my box, or in my pockets. I didn't accuse you of anything. I don't care what you do at the wrecking yards. Just making conversation. Your new here, and seem to get riled easy. If your thin skinned, your going to get your feelings hurt on this forum. I've been on it about two years, and can't tell you all the times I've been corrected, or flat out criticized. It's part of the bantering that goes on here!

whitelightning99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It's part of the bantering that goes on here ?? no it's called being As$ holes/smart ***** bullying the new guys that's all it is, i can give a sh$$ less how long any body's been here. always someone trying to get a "like for there comment",who gives a F$$k