What did you do to your expedition today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hammerg26

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Finally got the "Gotts Mod" done - sounds a little better - could be in my head. :)
Installed new AutoZone Gold Cermic brake pads. The pads on the truck were Original Equipment (15 years old and 102K miles). The rotors looked great....
Installed the rear brakes, bled rear brakes, all was well...
THEN HAD ISSUES...
Did the front... bled the front...
SQUISHY PEDAL.
Noticed brake fluid was coffee colored (had just done a 4 wheel bleed 6 months ago or so)... did a full flush...
SQUISHY PEDAL.
Did a full flush - 2 more times...
SQUISHY PEDAL
Replaced the Master Cylinder - it was full of crap, I guess from when we did compressed the front calipers...
Did a full flush...
SQUISHY PEDAL
Finally got the pedal more firm...
CRAZY GRINDING coming from the front left now when we slow to a stop (sounds fine "at speed")...
Check the rotors and pads, all is well... looks good... no scoring (but from the sound, you would have thought pieces were coming off)... no pulling, nothing... (EXCEPT the noise)....
Drove it... sounded better...
Went to test ABS - never got there - INSANE grinding back as I come to a stop...
Now the grinding in intermittent... DANGIT
Oh yeah, one thing never changed - the truck will stop, but when I push in the brakes to stop (normal pressure), I can still push another 4 inches (but not to the floor) with a giant "whoosh" sound...
SO....
Any ideas on the grinding?
Any ideas on the "whoosh"?

Ready to give up and take to a shop - brakes aren't something to have "just OK"...

Hammer

mazdaparts

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Had to replace the power steering return line from the resvoir to the cooler. Factory crimp rusted off and sprayed ps fluid all over the left side of the engine bay.

lve2wheel

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Installed the new rear springs, installed the 3 inch lift spacers, and installed the two rear rancho 9000xl shocks.

Attachments

• IMG_20140828_144831023.jpg
    IMG_20140828_144831023.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_20140823_160127413.jpg
    IMG_20140823_160127413.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 65

Yudaman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Finally found an exhaust shop to do my tailpipe! 3" from the Flowmaster 40 out the back!
Strangely enough, I was damn near impossible to find a muffler shop willing to do it.

Sounds pretty mean now. Rawr!

Yudaman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Today's project: Get rid of the ugly silver grille!

I have my eyes set on a grille project, but until I get there, I wanted to rid myself of the ugly silver.

IMAG0326.jpg

Just a little masking and some "made for plastic" spray paint and VOILA! Color matched!

IMAG0328.jpg

So far I think it looks a lot better!