What do you pay for an oil change?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wow, I’m glad at least one friend survived. I don’t really understand how people think banning guns and even defunding or abolishing the police is gonna do anything but put law abiding citizens at more risk.
Right, they don't know what else to do, but there is nothing else.

Aspen03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Normally 1 of them carries but he was working and due to how he had to be positioned for the work he was doing he didnt have it on him. In this instance I'm not sure it would have mattered much due to circumstances, he was distracted (on the phone and prepping a job) and surprised by the entire thing. Likely would have become more of a liability trying to get wits together and come onto target on top of the stress of it all going down.

The police had nothing to do with the situation other than investigating. It was start to finish in about a minute. That being said defunding is pretty silly. Maybe scaling back on the mraps and the like, outside of a few instances in the country they are a complete waste of $ for a dept to upkeep and resources could be better utilized.

There are FAR too many weapons in circulation for a ban. You'd never find them all. Trying to enforce that would create more drama and certainly many, many, many deaths. I'm guessing more than all the wars/conflicts/attacks than in the past 50 years. Not a single owner I know would hand them over without a fight, likely to the death.

Just because there is "nothing else" doesnt mean it's the right option. The police could say the same thing, what else are they to do when people don't accept instructions. I've had to deal with police a handful of times in my life. I did as I was instructed, never been harmed. Ran my mouth once, got a ticket I probably wouldn't have otherwise. Now I havent been in a situation where I was being handled by any means, no one can speculate how you'll react until you are. I know if i was trying to subdue someone in a struggle I'd likely use any means necessary and would expect the same in return though we civilians arent governed by the same standard which itself has it's own pros and cons. If I was in a protest that warranted police presence I'd probably expect nonlethal tactics being used as a high probability and come with the territory of being present, cost of doing business I'd say. Unfortunately most people don't know how to act in a group, one bad apple is all it takes and people lose their shit, well he did this so I did it too and that makes it Ok.

B-McD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I used to change my own when I had a 4 post lift in the garage. The Z06 is gone and so is the lift. Dealer near me is good and charges $47.95 for semi-synthetic and a tire rotation. Tops off the other fluids and airs up the tires if needed. I'm out of there in an hour so so.

Aspen03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
(what happened to the 'change oil' thread?):emotions133:

Good question!

:33:

That's not a bad deal with rotation and everything else. I'm probably not any faster than an hour by the time I think about doing it, getting to actually doing it, cleaning up, etc.

dcsang

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wallyworld periodically, and currently, has the 5-quart synthetic on sale for about $23. I've also found the 820S filter there for about $4 more often than not. For those interested, there is also an active $20-$24 Mobil 1 rebate offer for up to 10 quarts from participating retailers. Final cost is under $3 per quart for full synthetic.

Not quite the $6 oil change mentioned previously but we are talking Mobil 1 synthetic here.

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wallyworld periodically, and currently, has the 5-quart synthetic on sale for about $23. I've also found the 820S filter there for about $4 more often than not. For those interested, there is also an active $20-$24 Mobil 1 rebate offer for up to 10 quarts from participating retailers. Final cost is under $3 per quart for full synthetic.

Not quite the $6 oil change mentioned previously but we are talking Mobil 1 synthetic here.
Those days went with the sale of the Ex, it's all synth for me now.