What happened to choice in America

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are illegals considered in the unemployment number if they are known residents?

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

poppie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I can will afford the gas my 07 uses at 18.5 MPG hand figured up here in the cold country , summer I can get as high as 22 MPG on a trip but it normally runs around 19- 20 MPG all running the posted speed limit and NOT starting out like on a drag strip, did some of that in my younger years, As for my post about choice, "IT'S MY MONEY" I would be spending and feel I should be able to equip a new vehicle the way I want it with out some cubical minded government pencil pushing bureaucrat from the EPA telling FORD & ME how to, The fuel millage on an EcoBoost over the 5.4 or 5.0 is negligible from the posts people make on here and as for that new 10 speed, I used to drive an old Mack R-600 semi tractor with a 5 speed hauling stone at over 70,000 pounds, why the hell does average Joe need a 10 speed in a vehicle even towing an RV, BTW, I know a little about that having owned an RV park for 17 years and seeing 1'st hand the issues people have, DON'T get me started on POS RV tires from China ,anyway there's just more to go WRONG with a 10 speed over the 6 speed from more moving parts, there's some thing to be said for KEEPING IT SIMPLE STUPID, there's not a dam thing wrong with the Expy I have and it has been totally trouble free but after 12 years of driving the same vehicle I would like a change WITH CHOICE.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You are actually pretty correct in the same drivetrain setup fuel mileage is negligible between the V8 and boosted V6. The ratings on 3rd Gen 5.4L is 14 City/20 Highway. The 3.5 EB is 15 City/21 Highway. Ford stated the fuel savings on the refreshed ‘15 models was mostly due to the switch to electric power steering which saves on average 1MPG in city driving. The 18+ Expys cut some weight and got extra gears so they gained some good mileage.

My aunt has a ‘19 Yukon Denali 6.2 and it does pretty good on the highway with the cylinder deactivation. I have gotten 30 mpg out of it on the highway. Only issues are the windows and mirrors are way too small. Too many blind spots and seats aren’t as comfy as my Expedition. Besides that good truck.

Last edited:

Machete

My Rig. 2000 EB 4x4 5.4L
Reaction score
:33::33::33:
Been a member here for a long time, don't post much BUT READ A LOT of posts of people having issues with new ones, Yes I know people with issues post and people with out issues don't BUT What happened to choice in America, its now take it or leave it AND after reading all the issues with newer Expeditions I'll keep on keeping on with our 07 we bought new, Why can't I get a new one with the 5.0 OR the new 5.2 and the 6 speed, seems the new ford 10 speed has issues in the F-150 & I believe that is the same trans as the Expedition and has a class action law suit filed, https://www.carcomplaints.com/news/2020/ford-f-150-10-speed-transmission-problems-lawsuit.shtml , turbo issues and loss of coolant with the T-T V 6 , the list goes on & on, give me one good reason to spend $ 60 K plus on a new one, the old one has no cam phaser noise yet and I think being **** about maintenance helps with that changing oil every 5000 miles with Motor craft oil & filter & flushing the trans every 25 -30 K , still has the original spark plugs coming up on 130,000 miles and does 18.5 mpg in the north woods of Wisconsin where its COLD, actually I'm scared to attempt to change them with it running so good, it does have the flaking paint on the back hatch & that brings up another issue that time will tell IF Ford fixed that issue, an all aluminum body, Fire away guy's.

You won’t get any complaints from me. I’ve been the biggest critic and sounded the alarm on Fords pos ecoboost.

The snowflakes here will chime in about their new tech vs dark ages but w Ford going back to pushrod big block v8 on the 250 all the snowflakes have scurried to their little safe zones.

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
:33::33::33:

I’ve been the biggest critic and sounded the alarm on Fords pos ecoboost.

Oh noes! The scary new engine micro triggered someone!

Tell us where the ecoboost touched you. Do you have tissues in your ‘eco boost free’ safe space?

Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Machete

My Rig. 2000 EB 4x4 5.4L
Reaction score
Oh noes! The scary new engine micro triggered someone!

Tell us where the ecoboost touched you. Do you have tissues in your ‘eco boost free’ safe space?

Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Prius my little snowflake.... Prius. Shhhhh. Let’s keep our safe zones quiet.

Machete

My Rig. 2000 EB 4x4 5.4L
Reaction score
BTW snowflake...when I have my old gasser valet parked I ask them to keep it close and keep her running. :anitoof::Big Laugh: