What happened to choice in America

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TobyU

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah. Those old rustbuckets can be hard to start.

Sorry to hear. ;-(
Since you've previously have said you only keep your vehicle three years and trade them in and buy a new one, I can see where it might not be your common experience to be around older vehicles that are in unbelievable excellent condition. It also depends which part of the country you live in. There are, however, a great number of near-perfect condition Vehicles older than 2005 out there.
I actually get a much greater kick out of finding and purchasing a pristine old vehicle especially with low miles can I do having something newer.

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Since you've previously have said you only keep your vehicle three years and trade them in and buy a new one, I can see where it might not be your common experience to be around older vehicles that are in unbelievable excellent condition. It also depends which part of the country you live in. There are, however, a great number of near-perfect condition Vehicles older than 2005 out there.
I actually get a much greater kick out of finding and purchasing a pristine old vehicle especially with low miles can I do having something newer.

You like brand new condition vehicles with lagging technology/creature comforts.

Makes sense.

Just don’t buy a hybrid. They trigger boomer-esque snowflakes.

TobyU

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You like brand new condition vehicles with lagging technology/creature comforts.

Makes sense.

Just don’t buy a hybrid. They trigger boomer-esque snowflakes.

Only lagging for the current industry. Most cars made after 1992 or so have far more technology and comfort features than I require in an automobile.
For me, a large percentage of the stuff is just over the top and not needed.
I guess that's why some people have to have a pickup truck bed even if it's a small one on a 4-door truck and other people see it as a total waste I would always get the SUV.
I also like antique and classic cars in near-perfect condition.
It doesn't bother me at all that my 49 Cosmopolitan has vacuum wipers that slow down when you go uphill.
Other people take classic cars and retrofit them with new engines and new technology so they operate more like a current vehicle. Whatever floats your boat I guess.
These traits don't belong to a certain group or class of people. They certainly aren't all Boomers or like Boomers.
There are people out there under 30 that are big time into classics and hot rods.
I drove a Prius around for a bit. The biggest thing that annoyed me was the fact that you can't tell it is on and ready to drive.
Of course I've seen some people in luxury cars try to start them while already running because they couldn't feel or hear the engine running.
My second biggest annoyance on newer cars would be the parking brake.
I don't need it to be automatic or it to be push button.
A pedal or a handle is just fine but I actually prefer the hand parking brake. So see, I'm not that old.
A boomer still wants a pedal on the left side and they want to call it an emergency brake and they want the dimmer switch in the floor too!

shane_th_ee

Full Access Members
Reaction score
[QUOTE="poppie, post: 382387, member: 37373"The fuel millage on an EcoBoost over the 5.4 or 5.0 is negligible[/QUOTE]You're looking at it wrong. How much more power and torque do you get out of the EcoBoost for the same fuel consumption?