What Have You Done to Your 4th Gen This Week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lou Hamilton

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Changed the ForScan setting for my new tire size. Speedo is accurate within 0.1 mph, but I am getting an error code with a wrench on the dash. Code is related to the tranny and shift patterns.

I have read mixed reviews on how to get rid of it. Some get the error only in ForScan but not on the dash. Others have reset the TCM and TCM and after three long cycles of driving it goes away. Others just live with it.

DWs-TTEB

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Changed the ForScan setting for my new tire size. Speedo is accurate within 0.1 mph, but I am getting an error code with a wrench on the dash. Code is related to the tranny and shift patterns.

I have read mixed reviews on how to get rid of it. Some get the error only in ForScan but not on the dash. Others have reset the TCM and TCM and after three long cycles of driving it goes away. Others just live with it.

Getting the same.

663AEFB9-28AE-4074-8882-528C3C30E3D2.jpeg

CE370610-F31D-4E1D-869C-83391A664E0E.jpeg

Lou Hamilton

Full Access Members
Reaction score
@DWs-TTEB

I did that step, but still have it. My code is not P160A. I am getting U04222. I saw there are a few 150 owners that also got it. Some only see it in ForScan, others are getting the wrench. There seems to be related to tire size. The larger the mm the harder to get rid of the error.

Not sure. I also read a tune, like from 5 Star, will remove it as long as you tell them the tire size and lift that you have.

DWs-TTEB

Full Access Members
Reaction score
@Lou Hamilton you are on point w/ 5star. I loaded my 94 oct Performance tune (93 Perf was previously set) from them today. Going back to FORScan tire size my OE/stock tire circumference (TC) = 2476 mm. Using Tiresize.com I found my new tires are +12 MM. So I set TC to 2488 mm (using the OE number as the baseline to add to), got the wrench/DTC P160A, then cleared DTCs & TCM relearn. That cleared the wrench icon. Finally, wrote the 94 Per tune from 5Star (this I had from Jul 2020 | created for stock/OEM tire size). Took it on a 10 mile drive opening it WOT for awhile, no DTCs/wrench icon & speedometer is perfect.

I played around w/ the TC mm for a bit, I noticed that once you hit 2500+ mm it throw the DTC/wrench. But doing a TCM relearn after + DTCs clear may resolve this. YMMV.

I have noticed that with this wheel/tire package I'm running I have LOST -4 MPG! Guess if I do a family road trip I'll just throw on the OEM wheel/tires since I kept them.

Last edited:

SWTB0BCAT

Reaction score
@Lou Hamilton you are on point w/ 5star. I loaded my 94 oct Performance tune (93 Perf was previously set) from them today. Going back to FORScan tire size my OE/stock tire circumference (TC) = 2476 mm. Using Tiresize.com I found my new tires are +12 MM. So I set TC to 2488 mm (using the OE number as the baseline to add to), got the wrench/DTC P160A, then cleared DTCs & TCM relearn. That cleared the wrench icon. Finally, wrote the 94 Per tune from 5Star (this I had from Jul 2020 | created for stock/OEM tire size). Took it on a 10 mile drive opening it WOT for awhile, no DTCs/wrench icon & speedometer is perfect.

I played around w/ the TC mm for a bit, I noticed that once you hit 2500+ mm it throw the DTC/wrench. But doing a TCM relearn after + DTCs clear may resolve this. YMMV.

I have noticed that with this wheel/tire package I'm running I have LOST -4 MPG! Guess if I do a family road trip I'll just throw on the OEM wheel/tires since I kept them.

So to change the size of your tires, you just figure out the new circumference and input it using Forscan? I have
a 2020 XLT that I have lifted and put bigger tires on. I would love to get my speedo right. I have been searching, and couldn't find anyone with a 2020 that has done this successfully with Forscan without issues.

Lou Hamilton

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So to change the size of your tires, you just figure out the new circumference and input it using Forscan? I have
a 2020 XLT that I have lifted and put bigger tires on. I would love to get my speedo right. I have been searching, and couldn't find anyone with a 2020 that has done this successfully with Forscan without issues.

The actual circumference of my tire did not work. I used a GPS app on my phone and used a spreadsheet that was created to get the correct hex code. I am within 0.1 mph at all speeds up to 70, which was the max that I checked.

This should be the link to the spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10O3UQDPxl5SGFDDr0dleG5BpB1c4L5Ob/edit#gid=1597179673

As a notation, when I look at the circumference mm after the change, it shows 2552 mm. However, the actual circumference should be either 2711 or 2712 mm (actual math = 2711.45). Putting that value in had me over 4 mph FASTER than the speedo, i.e. 64.2 @ 60 on the speedo.

SWTB0BCAT

Reaction score
The actual circumference of my tire did not work. I used a GPS app on my phone and used a spreadsheet that was created to get the correct hex code. I am within 0.1 mph at all speeds up to 70, which was the max that I checked.

This should be the link to the spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10O3UQDPxl5SGFDDr0dleG5BpB1c4L5Ob/edit#gid=1597179673

As a notation, when I look at the circumference mm after the change, it shows 2552 mm. However, the actual circumference should be either 2711 or 2712 mm (actual math = 2711.45). Putting that value in had me over 4 mph FASTER than the speedo, i.e. 64.2 @ 60 on the speedo.

Thank you for your clarification. I have read a lot and used forscan with my F150's, but it seems there have been changes for the 2020 Expedition which may keep some of the older spreadsheet info from working.

DWs-TTEB

Full Access Members
Reaction score

add the difference of the new tire to what is by default in FORScan. What’s there takes in account the weight of the vehicle squishing the tire down! Again why I only added .5” (12MM) to my tire height.

Also, you don’t need to input/mess with the HEX in FORScan. Just go into this and add the new +X MM there. Then go to TCM relearn & clear the DTCs. BAM your good!

If that still throws the wrench but you have accurate speedometer then a custom tune you will need!

A1ADA6A9-CDA1-46CC-8C0D-AC0B5527029A.jpeg

EB3CB962-461F-4D1D-9F04-1F19285BC268.jpeg

DE666EA3-501B-496B-96C4-A37F74F295C8.jpeg

E3E15DAA-C6C8-405F-809C-6E561233A8F2.jpeg