What vehicle did you take your driving test in?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mpc11

Reaction score
She had no AC. It was a special order for L.A. department of water and power. No headrests in the back either. Total bare bones rig. Parents really helped set my expectations low.
Fair enough. My old man worked for Ford and got company lease cars. We had several Aerostars over the years growing up and I always remember them having to turn it off. Lol

TobyU

Full Access Members
Reaction score
78 Chevy Caprice 4 door.

Reminds me of my motorcycle test.
I was 3 days after 18th b-day and 160lbs. I had a 79 KZ750 twin and it was HEAVY for me and couldn't really flat foot it. Has to slightly tip toe it bouncing left to right at or lean to one side and hold with that foot.

I was ok and had ridden a moped for years and some dirt bikes but one young guy not over 23 was there the same day on a high end Ducatti or some other exotic (not japanese IIRC) and he COULD RIDE!

We had some time before the examiner lady came out and we were riding around.

You are not allowed to knock over a cone or you failed.

She saw him and it was obvious he was an excellent rider even though he was a HAM show off.

He did the course and quicker than most and laid it WAY over on the in and out of line of cones and then on the very last come at end of course he past it and let his rear tire run over the base of it and goosed it and shot the cone across the parking lot!

It was AWESOME. She didn't fail him but did tell him...."Now go bring my cone back!"

Classic!!

I was just glad I passed on the heavy old beast I was on.

joethefordguy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
either my dad's 1966 Chevy Biscayne 6 cylinder 4 door sedan with 3 on the tree (police fleet special his cousin the sheriff helped him get), or my first car - 1960 Chevy Corvair Monza.