Wheel Bearings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

megawatt00

Full Access Members
Reaction score
With other vehicles I have decided on the cheap parts plus brand bearings. The Timkens never lasted well for me even though they are a big name brand.

I am surprised we changed both fronts out last winter on a Super Duty and they are holding up well. Between plowing snow and his wheeling he beats the snot out of his truck.

jrjr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am surprised we changed both fronts out last winter on a Super Duty and they are holding up well. Between plowing snow and his wheeling he beats the snot out of his truck.

I guess we all have different experiences and do what works for us. My timken experience was on my daughters Sunfire. She blew through Timken bearings in 6 months several times. I tried other brands but the Parts Plus brand seemed to last the longest. I am sure that changes as time goes on to so it may be a crap shoot either way. I got real good at changing them though!!

megawatt00

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I guess we all have different experiences and do what works for us. My timken experience was on my daughters Sunfire. She blew through Timken bearings in 6 months several times. I tried other brands but the Parts Plus brand seemed to last the longest. I am sure that changes as time goes on to so it may be a crap shoot either way. I got real good at changing them though!!

That is what makes the world go around! I bet you did get good at changing them.! We dont have a parts plus around here. NAPA AutoZone Advanced Auto and a CAP...

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
doing nvys short shaft was a pita! the nut was 35mm. and to take it off? HA! we tryed using muscle and leverage, but we ended up getting an adapter for the impact gun. about 5 mins of doing that and we had it off. putting it on was easy though.

OP
OP
Canadian Expy

Canadian Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah thanks guys 35mm was right, no real problems taking it off, impact gun and off it came...lucky me I guess. I plan on looking into aftermarket one for cheaper $ but not quality because $350 with the Taxes is $$ :buttkick:

tonydiv

technical advisor
Reaction score
Just an fyi... If you read through the installation directions, they explicitly say NOT to use an impact. I can only assume that they think some damage could be done to the CV joint.

Back when I owned my garage, we probably did a thousand hubs and half shafts with high torque impact guns and never had any problems. Perhaps they know something that I don't.

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just an fyi... If you read through the installation directions, they explicitly say NOT to use an impact. I can only assume that they think some damage could be done to the CV joint.

Back when I owned my garage, we probably did a thousand hubs and half shafts with high torque impact guns and never had any problems. Perhaps they know something that I don't.

we tryed not to use the impact. but with both of us on the breaker bar it would not budge. so the impact did it.