Where to buy OEM parts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Clintstriblin

Reaction score
Hi all. I'm about to replace the water pump and thermostat on my 2018 expedition. Where is the most reputable place to buy parts from. I know ford redesigned the thermostat recently and would like the updated one. Also is there any other parts that I should replace while I'm doing this? Thanks

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi all. I'm about to replace the water pump and thermostat on my 2018 expedition. Where is the most reputable place to buy parts from. I know ford redesigned the thermostat recently and would like the updated one. Also is there any other parts that I should replace while I'm doing this? Thanks

Have you tried a dealer, using your VIN? Or, worried about gouging on part’s price?

There are several online Ford parts sellers, such as FordPartsGiant.com (I have no connection to them). They sell from a variety of Ford dealers that sell parts cheaper than list. The site allows you to enter your VIN, which ensures the latest, updated part is shown.

As a suggestion - don’t forget to replace the engine coolant (don’t reuse at this point). The initial change recommendation is five years (I believe)

Since you have to remove the drive belts, perhaps replace them too? They are stretch-to-fit.

BMW2FORD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us

This is Fords official site. Just a heads up but try to check several dealers since they do vary from one to another. I got the updated T stat for around $25-30 from one of my local dealers which is less than E-bay or Amazon.

Soliyou

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The OEM motorcraft water pump and thermostat are both available on rock auto. This will probably be the cheapest option.

If the OEM part isn’t available on rock auto, I get from FordPartGiant or any other online dealer store (tasca for example). These online dealer stores may take quite some time before they ship.

I try to avoid EBay or Amazon due to the counterfeit parts floating around these platforms.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The OEM motorcraft water pump and thermostat are both available on rock auto. This will probably be the cheapest option.

If the OEM part isn’t available on rock auto, I get from FordPartGiant or any other online dealer store (tasca for example). These online dealer stores may take quite some time before they ship.

I try to avoid EBay or Amazon due to the counterfeit parts floating around these platforms.

Speaking of counterfeit parts: https://fordauthority.com/2022/10/ford-files-trademark-infringement-lawsuit-over-counterfeit-parts/

Use caution on part’s sources.

GlennSullivan

Full Access Members
Reaction score

sixstring

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I buy limited parts from ford but I talk real nice to the parts guy, tell him i'm a local, I'm a little low on cash with the economy, is there any help he can give me on the price and he will give me 10% off.

Or tell him you'll give the dealership a 5 star google review for some discount. Many many companies will do this.

GlennSullivan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I buy limited parts from ford but I talk real nice to the parts guy, tell him i'm a local, I'm a little low on cash with the economy, is there any help he can give me on the price and he will give me 10% off.

Or tell him you'll give the dealership a 5 star google review for some discount. Many many companies will do this.
Actually the link posted above by BMW2Ford to parts.ford.com will allow you to purchase genuine OEM Ford parts through a local (participating) Ford dealer at a discount and they ship free freight.

Wangle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
When I replaced my thermostat with a motorcraft I was surprised to find that there was no thermostat gasket included. Be sure you have a gasket on hand.