Which one would you choose for the price?

Which would you choose?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KWT2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
price doesn't seem to bad... i've never paid for a stereo install at all... DYI all the way...lol but I know nothing about alarms so thats gonna be installed by someone else along with a remote start... but enough with rambling....

I say the pioneer deal is the way to go... good unit and decent price...

have you called other shops and asked them to beat that deal?

i agree with the pioneer....

i have 2 clarion units in the past and they never performed as well as the pioneer's i have had...

an alarm with remote start here is 450+ so that seems like a good deal...

tsingson

Full Access Members
Reaction score
the screen on the pioneer looks very small. I personally like pioneer but their newer stuff hasnt been that great. i like the look of the clarion.

OP
OP
NewbieVet

NewbieVet

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Alright change of plans. Found a store which will install the PioneerAvic X930BT plus the crimestopper basic alarm for $925.00 out the door. Don't think I can beat that and the X930BT is Pioneer's latest and greatest so...yay me!!

P.S - how long should it take them to install the alarm (crimestopper basic) and the Avic if done on different days? Cheers!

AVIC-X930BT_reg.jpg

OP
OP
NewbieVet

NewbieVet

Full Access Members
Reaction score
there ya go... nice find

cheers!!

EDIT

Now they're telling me if I want the WHOLE alarm system installed that it'll cost me an extra $75.00 lol - guess their quote was only to install the alarm portion...WHY THE F*** would I buy the system and have them install only one component? That's like quoting for an install of a washer / drier and then claiming that the install cost is only for drying...if I want to wash my clothes it's extra! WTF

OP
OP
NewbieVet

NewbieVet

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Agreed. Alarm system is now in (has a nice flashy little blue LED up front that tells everyone not to mess with my truck lol) and we're waiting on the HU from Pioneer which will go in next week!

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
thats bs dude. sorry for their crap. as far as i know if you buy something and want it installed you want the WHOLE thing installed not just the beeper! what ever. at least that was good find.