Why does my B&O Sound System sound like a$$?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The 07-14 Expeditions with the Audiophile are really the only ones that came with a good stock stereo system. Sony and B&O both kind of stink in comparison, this is largely echoed by the F-150 crowd. In their case 2010 was the last year of the good stereos. I think the old woofers and tweeters are just a lot better, and are working with cleaner boost.

Last edited:

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Any audiophile experts that can analyze and provide HK EQ and B/F settings that provide the most accuracy? I’m often able to find threads on other car forums on stock system settings that more accurately playback the recording.

Im far from an expert, but when I had mines, I would put treble around 9, bass at 8, and mid at 10. This way, the bass didnt overpower the highs, the inteicate sounds would come through. Surround also opens it up so it fills the cabin without muddling the sound. Someone said the els was better, I beg to differ. Also, the base harmon Karon sound is somewhat similar but I still prefered the b&o

OP
OP
armoredsaint

armoredsaint

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It's kind of hard to explain, but it sounds like the sound is hollow and not solid or rich sounding if that makes sense. Could be the cheap plastic speaker grills etc?

I had the B&O in my BMW 650 and it is night and day, seems like they compromised a lot.

Last edited:

rs4-380

Reaction score
because it's a ****** system. Can really compare it to b&o product from other models. For a Ford it may be great, but IMO it's just another let down in an $80k car.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If it sounds hollow, it may need better or newer speakers. One thing I didnt like was the speakers, esp sub, shook the body too much at times, which deteriorate sound. Also, grab a USB stick and listen to ur music that way.

Doug Shumway

Reaction score
Have owned two expeditions and third one is on the way. 97’ 04’. I have always taken my vehicles to my stereo guy and he’s a pro. Every vehicle he has done of mine has involved him putting acoustic matting in the doors. My 04’ expedition sounds excellent. I have a 91’ Toyota pickup that he has done and it sounds really good as well. I don’t think you are going to get a good sounding stereo out of any stock vehicle. On eq adjustment it’s usually good to start with the smiley face. Heavier on bass, taper down to the mids below center line, then back up to the treble area. Adjust accordingly for harshness.

nick d vicari

Reaction score
I get way to much bass in the back seats and I also have it on surround sound with tha bass at neutral, Any suggestions?

the_1

Reaction score
Any recommendations for upgrading the B&O system? Mids and highs need improvement. The lows are decent but I would like to improve it also. As someone else stated, the B&O in here is sub-par to the B&O found in other manufacturers.