New big V8 coming (?) Will it be available in the Expedition ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rjdelp7

2000 XLT
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum.

Rj is a troll and an EcoBoost hater. He doesn't even own one probably never has driven one but he always shows up and bashes the EB any time it comes up. You don't have to justify anything o him. Don't waste your energy on him.
WRONG Idiot! I have drove one and not impressed. I said, I would lease a Ford, I don't trust it out of warranty. I prefer the V8 and its 80 year track record for reliability. The supposed savings of fuel is not worth the risks. The Thread Title says NEW BIG V8 coming...Why are you posting, if you love the EB?

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
WRONG Idiot! I have drove one and not impressed. I said, I would lease a Ford, I don't trust it out of warranty. I prefer the V8 and its 80 year track record for reliability. The supposed savings of fuel is not worth the risks. The Thread Title says NEW BIG V8 coming...Why are you posting, if you love the EB?
I've put 3000 miles on mine, and I put cash on the barrel no loans so I'm all in. I just hear a lot wishy washy BS coming from you and I'm tired of your crap. You don't like the EcoBoost well then, don't buy one but don't try to tell everyone else why they shouldn't buy one. It's not your money or your place to tell people how to spend their money.

I say screw the big V8s, aside from the Triton in the 05 the last V8 that I had was in my 72 Olds Cutlass, which had a 350 and 4bbl Rochester carb. I've never missed or looked back. I bought the 05 so I had to take the 5.4L Triton V8 but I would have rather had a smaller more powerful engine.

To your comment that the V8 is 80 years old, the V8 was actually patented in 1902, by Léon Levavasseur. and was installed in production vehicles in 1907, the Hewitt Motor Company built a large 5 passenger Touring Car with a V8, which makes it more than 110 years old - ancient technology.

The V6 is tried and true technology and turbos have been in production since 1978, it would be foolish to think that manufacturers haven't learned anything in the past 39 years. In fact, Porsche has been producing a turbo charged engine since 1974.

Take your negative attitude and go peddle it somewhere else. You can spend your money any way you want to spend, we don't care.

As far as the idiot comment, you are a troll, and I'll put my MBA up against any degree you have.

OP
OP
T

theoldwizard1

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The only down side I have really heard on EcoBoost is that customers are not getting as good fuel economy as they had hoped. That is likely because of the BIG GRIN :burnout:they get on their face every time they step on the accelerator !

Last edited:

Mike Wolfe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I do not understand the venomous comments regarding the EB engines
I think FORD is right on the mark with their EB series
The new GT with 3.5L ECOBoost produces 647hp & 550lb ft of torque
This engine has proven durability in many races
It reminds me of all the misinformation about E85 which is 108 octane & a great motor fuel
To bad there is so much inaccurate information based on no factual data simply because some folks simply refuse to believe the true facts or do the proper research to get the correct information
I would challenge the gentleman here who seems to be so irritated to do some real accurate research on Turbocharged verses N/A engines
I think he will find it an EYE opener

rjdelp7

2000 XLT
Reaction score
I've put 3000 miles on mine, and I put cash on the barrel no loans so I'm all in. I just hear a lot wishy washy BS coming from you and I'm tired of your crap. You don't like the EcoBoost well then, don't buy one but don't try to tell everyone else why they shouldn't buy one. It's not your money or your place to tell people how to spend their money.

I say screw the big V8s, aside from the Triton in the 05 the last V8 that I had was in my 72 Olds Cutlass, which had a 350 and 4bbl Rochester carb. I've never missed or looked back. I bought the 05 so I had to take the 5.4L Triton V8 but I would have rather had a smaller more powerful engine.

To your comment that the V8 is 80 years old, the V8 was actually patented in 1902, by Léon Levavasseur. and was installed in production vehicles in 1907, the Hewitt Motor Company built a large 5 passenger Touring Car with a V8, which makes it more than 110 years old - ancient technology.

The V6 is tried and true technology and turbos have been in production since 1978, it would be foolish to think that manufacturers haven't learned anything in the past 39 years. In fact, Porsche has been producing a turbo charged engine since 1974.

Take your negative attitude and go peddle it somewhere else. You can spend your money any way you want to spend, we don't care.

As far as the idiot comment, you are a troll, and I'll put my MBA up against any degree you have.
So by your logic, you are right, because you paid a ton of money for your vehicle? The 3.5ltt has been in the Expedition since 2015 and 2011 for the F150. It is a baby in automotive years. It has known timing chain issues and other odd traits: sputtering/damp weather/white smoke/carbon/poor mileage and according to Ford adds $2400 to base price. It needs premium for maximum performance and religious maintenance. If you are okay with all that, shows your ignorance. A previous post stated perfect,KISS-keep it simple stupid. This is a complex engine, that they are trying squeeze a dime out of a nickel. Forced induction will not pass future emission standards. I wish you luck. Invest in a extended warranty.

Last edited:

Mike Wolfe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So by your logic, you are right, because you paid a ton of money for your vehicle? The 3.5ltt has been in the Expedition since 2015 and 2011 for the F150. It is a baby in automotive years. It has known timing chain issues and other odd traits: sputtering/damp weather/white smoke/carbon/poor mileage and according to Ford adds $2400 to base price. It needs premium for maximum performance and religious maintenance. If you are okay with all that, shows your ignorance. A previous post stated perfect,KISS-keep it simple stupid. This is a complex engine, that they are trying squeeze a dime out of a nickel. Forced induction will not pass future emission standards. I wish you luck. Invest in a extended warranty.
I am sure you will see a proliferation of small turbocharged engines from all manufacturers & it will continue to grow.
Any OEM publication like WARDS automotive will support what I have stated
Forced induction will continue to pass future emission standards
GDI will continue even in N/A V8 engines (GM is already using it in their V8 engine)
water cooled turbo's will last hundreds of thousands of miles & have already proven so in many vehicles
FORD has had a lower percentage of warranty issues with the 3.5L eco boost than it experienced with the older 5.4L engines
I have owned 4 ECO Boost vehicles & have never experienced any of the problems you state above
I suspect it is a very small percentage of all engines sold that have had problems
It is a free country & you are entitled to your opinion but I just wish you would do more "ACCURATE" research
I am sure you would have a change of heart when it comes to ECO Boost engines
BTW any engine whether N/A or Turbocharged will experience better performance with higher octane fuel.
The GM V8's show an approximate 20% increase in HP & Torque When using E85 verses 87 octane gas

rjdelp7

2000 XLT
Reaction score
I am sure you will see a proliferation of small turbocharged engines from all manufacturers & it will continue to grow.
Any OEM publication like WARDS automotive will support what I have stated
Forced induction will continue to pass future emission standards
GDI will continue even in N/A V8 engines (GM is already using it in their V8 engine)
water cooled turbo's will last hundreds of thousands of miles & have already proven so in many vehicles
FORD has had a lower percentage of warranty issues with the 3.5L eco boost than it experienced with the older 5.4L engines
I have owned 4 ECO Boost vehicles & have never experienced any of the problems you state above
I suspect it is a very small percentage of all engines sold that have had problems
It is a free country & you are entitled to your opinion but I just wish you would do more "ACCURATE" research
I am sure you would have a change of heart when it comes to ECO Boost engines
BTW any engine whether N/A or Turbocharged will experience better performance with higher octane fuel.
The GM V8's show an approximate 20% increase in HP & Torque When using E85 verses 87 octane gas
Well yes...The power/pep of the engine is all that ever gets talked about. Almost every new car made, puts older stuff to shame in that category. I dug deeper than obvious sales pitch lines. Two co-workers own the F150 EB. Both say mileage not so hot. One had major turbo breakdown and truck was in shop for weeks. He also had a oil leak problem. The other is leasing and took what they had on lot. Salesman at dealer admitted, it is a tough sell on old school buyers.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To each is own why do you guys even entertain this guy with arguing back? Yea the V8 has a great record and will never die and nor will the ecoboost. For me I could care less about my mileage I'd rather drive a motor with raw power and displacement that will last forever and ever (6.2 boss) but others like quick small powerhouses that save in fuel (3.5 EB which lasts too). V8 and V6 both are fine engines it depends on what YOU LIKE. Not what anybody else likes. This guy acts like the EBs are all going to blow up one day and there will be a revolt it's hilarious to read these arguments. Buy what you want. It shouldn't offend you that people like the ecoboost, just as it shouldn't offend them you like the N/A V8 so stop trying to ruin each other's days for crying out loud. I for one would love to see an expy with 6.2 boss in it, geared correctly it would be a great pair with this truck. But I don't think we'd see it till the F150 sees it.

-We all should be open minded to others opinions and not just shut down and throw a fit

Last edited:

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yougin, you are clearly school in the art of liberal logic, twist, name call, and beat down. Well that shit don't work with me. You create these straw man arguments that don't stand up to examination, you keep saying that you pay $2400 more for the EB engine - well that may be the case with an F150 but it's not with Expedition - it is standard and this is the Expedition forum after all. I've not experienced any of the problems you mentioned and neither have my friends who have a lot more miles on their EB engines than I do. And your damned right I spent a lot of money on my vehicle and I did extensive research before I put down my hard earned money.

Keep it simple was okay back in Henry Ford's day but now, nothing is simple. There is nothing wrong with getting all you can out of an engine. I'm going to drive my vehicle until the wheels fall off or I get tired of it and want something newer, which will probably happen in about 10 years. Oh yeah, and I wish my 3 ton vehicle got 40 miles to the gallon, but that is unrealistic. If that was a driving factor I would have bought a Prius. The fact is I'm getting 18.3 mpg on the highway and I'm happy with that. The truck is comfortable and it has all the room I need and the EB is a strong engine. I have 50,000 miles to worry about issues with the engine, if they don't show up by then, they will probably never show up as long as I do proper maintenance.

You keep presenting hearsay evidence from one poor nameless salesman who can't sell the EB engine - I guess he has skinny kids. My salesman at Bob Thomas Ford, Jim Robinson says that the EcoBoost motor is the hottest selling engine that Ford has had in years, they can't keep trucks with them in stock, and he has been there for over 20 years so he's not some wet behind the ears salesman.

You are clearly too afraid to make a decision because of all of these horror stories you hear about the EB. Maybe it's time for you to go back to your safe space, the world is a dangerous place and life isn't safe. I wouldn't want you to suffer any mental trauma.

rjdelp7

2000 XLT
Reaction score
Yougin, you are clearly school in the art of liberal logic, twist, name call, and beat down. Well that shit don't work with me. You create these straw man arguments that don't stand up to examination, you keep saying that you pay $2400 more for the EB engine - well that may be the case with an F150 but it's not with Expedition - it is standard and this is the Expedition forum after all. I've not experienced any of the problems you mentioned and neither have my friends who have a lot more miles on their EB engines than I do. And your damned right I spent a lot of money on my vehicle and I did extensive research before I put down my hard earned money.

Keep it simple was okay back in Henry Ford's day but now, nothing is simple. There is nothing wrong with getting all you can out of an engine. I'm going to drive my vehicle until the wheels fall off or I get tired of it and want something newer, which will probably happen in about 10 years. Oh yeah, and I wish my 3 ton vehicle got 40 miles to the gallon, but that is unrealistic. If that was a driving factor I would have bought a Prius. The fact is I'm getting 18.3 mpg on the highway and I'm happy with that. The truck is comfortable and it has all the room I need and the EB is a strong engine. I have 50,000 miles to worry about issues with the engine, if they don't show up by then, they will probably never show up as long as I do proper maintenance.

You keep presenting hearsay evidence from one poor nameless salesman who can't sell the EB engine - I guess he has skinny kids. My salesman at Bob Thomas Ford, Jim Robinson says that the EcoBoost motor is the hottest selling engine that Ford has had in years, they can't keep trucks with them in stock, and he has been there for over 20 years so he's not some wet behind the ears salesman.

You are clearly too afraid to make a decision because of all of these horror stories you hear about the EB. Maybe it's time for you to go back to your safe space, the world is a dangerous place and life isn't safe. I wouldn't want you to suffer any mental trauma.
I am a old school conservative and old school car guy. You are the liberal, trying to preach and save gas. If the ecoBoost adds $2,395 to the price of F150, who do you think pays that in the Expedition? Total waste of money. How many payments is that? The V6 cash rebates are moving the F150, that and cheap leasing. My local dealer had a 2015 Expedition, left over, until late 2016. They couldn't sell it, even with $6500 in discounts. Across town, the Chevy dealer, had 16 Tahoes. Salesman said, they are getting many new, former Ford customers.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharprd65