Power windows won't work

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
When you check the accessory delay relay, see if you have power in the smart junction box at pin 30 for the relay. The pin locations are usually indicated on the relay cover. It may also be labeled as 3. This is hot at all times.

OP
OP
J

joeytforrest

Reaction score
I'm having an issue finding this relay to replace. The recommendation to look at the acc delay relay is good but there isn't anything named "accessory delay relay" in my power box in the engine well.

Is this relay perhaps named something else for my 08 Exped? I can pull and check all my relays but I was hoping that I had an actual "Accessory Delay Relay" that I could try or replace first.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
it is in the smart junction box should be inside behind a kick panel right side look at your owners manual

OP
OP
J

joeytforrest

Reaction score
will do... my earlier mistake was looking for this relay in the fuse block under the hood, not in the cabin. I'll reply back with results later this evening. thanks again.

OP
OP
J

joeytforrest

Reaction score
Okay, Acc Delay Relay is getting power at pin 30 - 14.2v. Fuse in the #1 spot is good and 14.2v is coming through.

Replaced #48, Acc Delay Relay, from FoMoCo and still no success with voltage at #47.

*Does this mean that power is arriving to relay but solid state of smart junction box could be interrupted from relay to #47 - power window fuse?

Last edited:

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you have power quarter windows, do those work? If you don't have them make a jumper wire out of 10 gauge wire. Pull the accessory delay relay and jump connector 30 to 87, this bypasses the relay. You should not see any spark when doing so. Try the windows again.

Let us know if you don't know how to make the jumper, we'll give you directions and a pic.

Replace parts only when proven defective....tossing parts at a problem can become very expensive.

Last edited: