What did you do to the expy today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I washed it and did the windows, which took the usual 3 hours. It looks like I picked up a couple minor scrapes along the bottom of the retractable running boards since I last washed it. Nothing a detailer can't fix, but I'm annoyed nonetheless.

whitelightning99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I cut the front bumper for flush mounted LED lights, I think I'll work on the back lights today.View attachment 20158
I think I'll just wire them to the back up lights instead of dealing with another switch and relay.
View attachment 20157

did you mount that light bar in the grill or is it in front of it. i can't really tell how you mounted it i have my 20 behind the grill and the grill blocks some light and there is quite a bit of reflection that i dont care for with mine i am guessing cause it's a flood beam

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
found myself parked next to this at the store, kinda funny when they are next to each other lol. (Hopefully the image shows up here)

IMG_4354.JPG

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have you driven one? The transmission is unbelievably horrible

Haha you couldn't pay me enough to get in one let alone drive it. Nobody can convince me those crumple zones on that tiny rig can protect you when you hit anything, heck I'd think it's totaled when you hit a squirrel. Do those have a CVT?

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
I drove a 2017 brand spanking new one the other day it wasn't a cvt but possibly 3spd auto, it's fun to drive through a lot like a go cart but slower, has about the same options package as a go-cart too lol. Being 6'4 i surprisingly still had a lot of room to be comfortable.

I remember seeing a video where they took the panels off and it's basically a roll cage on wheels, problem is if your expy hits it head on its not the amount of damage it receives but the latiral G's they get from bouncing back so quickly that implicates the most bodily harm.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I drove a 2017 brand spanking new one the other day it wasn't a cvt but possibly 3spd auto, it's fun to drive through a lot like a go cart but slower, has about the same options package as a go-cart too lol. Being 6'4 i surprisingly still had a lot of room to be comfortable.

I remember seeing a video where they took the panels off and it's basically a roll cage on wheels, problem is if your expy hits it head on its not the amount of damage it receives but the latiral G's they get from bouncing back so quickly that implicates the most bodily harm.

Yea at the end of the day I think whoever has more weight is better off (disregarding other variables) in an accident. No matter what it is roll cage or not, you hit a 6,000 pound truck with a boxed steel frame, it's not gonna be pretty for a sub compact car, I just don't trust them.