“Service AdvanceTrac” and “Hill Descent Fault”

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Been getting these errors on my info center and the traction control light will stay lit until the truck is shut off.

Usually happens after a 2 hour highway/cruise control trip and I get off at my exit.
The other times I have been sitting in a drive thru.

Anyone else had this issue?? Hoping it falls under the 60k powertrain warranty

Munkiebunz3

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have not. The only issue I've had was shudder on acceleration with the wheel turned (2hi). Now I have some whining from the front in 4a with a clunk bang type of grab on accel (then whine goes away). No warning lights here. It does sound like it should be covered in the powertrain warranty. I have to fight my local dealer & report them to factory for my warranty stuff

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last time I had Service AdvanceTrac message and light on in my 07’ it was an ABS sensor/ harness. They go into the wheel hub/ bearing assembly and it’s basically a wheel speed sensor. They come with the new hub assemblies or can be purchased separately.

The harness comes in behind the wheel and goes into the hub, id check it for chaffing. My drivers side chaffed right through the harness because one of the locking plastic tabs that holds it to the control arm came loose. New sensor assembly fixed it right up. Normally more occurence on fronts because the wheels turn and can scrape agaisnt it.

Last edited:

5150 pops

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Been getting these errors on my info center and the traction control light will stay lit until the truck is shut off.

Usually happens after a 2 hour highway/cruise control trip and I get off at my exit.

LOL,
I got those two, along with several others, when I incorrectly Daisy chained the Boostmax and Pedalmax modules.

Not knowing your driving habits (do you have big feet and mash on the pedal) and whether you have modules plugged in line with your OEM tbw, but I would check to see if the connector/connection at top of pedal isn't loose or broken.

5150 pops

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Any updates???

OP
OP
Black

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not had a chance to get under it.
Happened in the Drive Thru yesterday again. So I am guessing the chaffing thought is likely a good one as in the drive thru my wheels are generally cut pretty hard to the left.

Does not explain when getting off the interstate as that is generally just a light merge to the right.

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
I have an 07 so not the exact model you have but I was seeing similar errors at similar times. I used forscan to recalibrate my steering angle sensor and the issue has been gone for 6 months. Wheel angle plays a huge part in AdvanceTrac and hill decsent

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not had a chance to get under it.
Happened in the Drive Thru yesterday again. So I am guessing the chaffing thought is likely a good one as in the drive thru my wheels are generally cut pretty hard to the left.

Does not explain when getting off the interstate as that is generally just a light merge to the right.

Mine would come and go at random for a while. If you have a code reader that does ABS if there is an issue with communication occasionally to a sensor there will be a stored code on the computer. My blue driver tool told me exactly which sensor was faulting, which is how I then found the problem on further inspection.