2000 Expedition 4.6

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Billme

Billme

Reaction score
I took the transmission cooler out of the old radiator, to temporary run the engine.. I was shocked how small it was.. I wonder what size, or what type a one with trailer towing package looks like?

OP
OP
Billme

Billme

Reaction score
All I have is power steering cooler in front.. I may look at upgrading this feature.. The one inside the radiator is puny

OP
OP
Billme

Billme

Reaction score
Ok, got a new battery.. Didn’t see any smoke, but when I turn the key to start, nothing, not to mention lights go dark.. As soon as I release the key, everything comes back on..
Not a hint of trying to start..
I do not have the crankshaft position sensor connected..
What am I missing?

OP
OP
Billme

Billme

Reaction score
I was going to follow makoloco procedure on turning the engine over with just the start until the oil pressure gauge came up..
Does this year (2000 xlt4.6 ) require all sensors to be connected?

Attachments

• 2E191B70-6267-48DF-A57A-F42C72E316DE.png
    2E191B70-6267-48DF-A57A-F42C72E316DE.png
    349.7 KB · Views: 1
  • 91198BDE-6D20-44EB-9142-C5E3FC3B91FB.png
    91198BDE-6D20-44EB-9142-C5E3FC3B91FB.png
    417.9 KB · Views: 1
OP
OP
Billme

Billme

Reaction score
Hunting down the problem.. I must be missing a professional trick here somewhere lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    179.4 KB · Views: 1
OP
OP
Billme

Billme

Reaction score
Nope, the only thing I did was I forgot to put the ground to block.. Since I couldn’t get back there anymore, I mounted it on the intake..
I’m going to check my PCM connection..I remember tightening the bolt compressing the connection.. Maybe it didn’t seat correctly
I don’t know

OP
OP
Billme

Billme

Reaction score
Ok, I moved the ground to the alternator mount, and she fired up.. It’s direct to the block..
The transmission was howling, and was very low on fluid, so I’m letting it run a little at a time to get the level back up and hope that noise goes away..
I’m just glad to get oil circulating again..

OP
OP
Billme

Billme

Reaction score
The power steering pump was making all the racket.. As soon as I had normal level, she quietly settled down..
All the transmission fluid fooled me though.. Lost about two quarts, but had to add 4, so it must have been low..
Been a good fight..
Don’t know if I’m going to tackle the front end or not.. It’s done got too hot..lol