2000 Expedition 4.6

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I looked at search, but did not find what I was looking for..
Is there anyway to test this fuel pressure regulator while in my hand?

Only to blow air into the tube ( where the vacuum line connects...) to make sure none comes out the rail side of the regulator. If air can pass through, that means the diaphragm is ruptured and it's bad.

OP
OP
Billme

Billme

Reaction score
Now that is the info I was looking for..There was some Blue corrosion looking stuff inside the hole, but I figured it might be from the cleaning I done..Since it was running good before, I will continue to use it.. Thx a bunch, as always!

JamaicaJoe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I determined it was just a intake leak, so I’m going to continue with timing chain update.. I’m not a pro, but I don’t mind a good fight.. Just hard getting around, lol
Whats your mileage?

OP
OP
Billme

Billme

Reaction score
Does the intake gaskets look right? I had to cut the setting pegs off to get proper sides to fit.. Is this normal with Felpro?

Attachments

• 82508F8D-CB67-4E3A-AE4F-EB44E84F2A65.jpeg
    82508F8D-CB67-4E3A-AE4F-EB44E84F2A65.jpeg
    149.5 KB · Views: 5
OP
OP
Billme

Billme

Reaction score
I set them with Ultra Black since I had to cutoff the pegs..
I don’t like doing this

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Bill are you the original owner of the vehicle ? 'Cause it looks like you have non-PI heads ? Has the motor been swapped with an older motor ? Do the intake gaskets match the ports on the actual intake manifold you're using ? You're working on a FrankenMotor !!

VVVVV Gasket Set For PI Heads VVVVV
Ford Triton PI Heads Intake Gaskets.jpg

VVVVVVV Gasket Set for NON-PI Heads VVVVVV
Ford Triton Non PI Heads Intake Gaskets.jpg

Yours look like Non-PI heads of the 97-99 Years ?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Billme

Billme

Reaction score
I bought this when it had 60,000.. I knew something was up when timing chain guides were not what was on the engine.. I kept ordering for a vin 6. I also got the wrong valve cover gaskets, but I got some for W engine and they fit..
So yes, it looks as if it was changed when I got it..
I just mounted the intake..
On the intake the seal is right at the edge when I put them against it to compare.. I assumed it must be ok
Anyway, I Have it torqued first stage only for now..
At least it looks pretty lol
What do I do now? Manoman

Attachments

• 888E678F-4151-4C18-9F80-519C45AF7C0F.jpeg
    888E678F-4151-4C18-9F80-519C45AF7C0F.jpeg
    170.1 KB · Views: 4

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Were there any identification sticker left on the valve cover that you could read ? I'd say that's a 97 or 98 motor. Out of a truck or other Expedition. I'd pull the manifold off and get the right gasket kit for a non-PI motor. If you look at the gaskets you can see the difference.

OP
OP
Billme

Billme

Reaction score
Yes, I kinda knew something when I posted the picture with gaskets on the heads.. I just wanted to see that intake on there anyway.. I should have waited for an answer hehe
No problem, I’ll order the right set hopefully.. I’ve paid enough stupid tax already..
Thx so much for the help, Hamfisted!