2000 Expedition, can't find this coolant leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Manlavi95

Reaction score
It's gotten gradually worse since I got it June of last year. It's not coming from the heater hoses, it's not coming from the intake gaskets on account of I just replaced them... I just know it's coming from the passenger side of the engine in a spot where I clearly can't see. It leaks down the same heatshield as the AC condensation, but it can't be the heater core since it's running down the block. I feel like it's a freeze plug. What problem areas are there on the passenger side of the engine other than heater hoses?

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Head gasket or cracked block or cerebellum. Use a mechanics mirror to inspect.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Manlavi95

Manlavi95

Reaction score
Head gasket or cracked block or cerebellum. Use a mechanics mirror to inspect.

Cerebellum? Don't insult me like that!

I'm just kidding. I'm thinking it's somewhere on the rear heater hose in between the top and the bottom where I can't see it. I wish I had a mirror

ExplorerTom

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It's coming off the back of the block? While parked on level ground?

You said you changed the intake manifold gaskets. My intake manifold cracked and was leaking coolant. In my case, changing the gaskets wouldn't have solved the problem. Could yours be cracked as well?

OP
OP
Manlavi95

Manlavi95

Reaction score
I was actually thinking it may be this. That or the freeze plug